Thursday, July 31, 2008
Which Disney Princess Are You?
You Are Ariel!
Headstrong and fiesty. You have a mind of your own that's full of romantic dreams about the world around you. Exploring exotic places is your ultimate dream, and although you can be a little naive you'll realize that there is something to be gained from your family's wisdom.Which Disney Princess Are You?
When I first did it a few days ago, I was Cinderella. Now, I'm Ariel. Ariel's description makes more sense to me.
I Heart Sonic
I didn't want that last sad entry to be up first anymore. I got this from my friend Lauren in GA via email earlier this week. I may have already put it here on the blog, but I wanted to put something up.
ODD Things about you! Learn 47 things about your friends, and let them learn 47 things about you!
1. Do you like blue cheese? I love it. I like most cheeses. The only one I don't really like is Swiss.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Ummm, no.
3. Do you own a gun? Luke does. I don't have my own.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I don't usually add a flavor anymore. I used to add Vanilla when I was in HS. Now, I get Diet Coke or Diet Sprite. Sonic is my FAVORITE place to get a drink. I love a Sonic drink.
5. Do you ever get nervous before doctor appointments? not really because I am very used to doctors
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them when I'm in the 'mood'. I like a Sonic hot dog. This whole questionnaire makes me want to go to Sonic for a chili cheese dog and a Rt 44 drink.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is my very favorite. I don't really watch a lot of others. I also enjoy Elf.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Diet Coke
9. Can you do push ups? No! I don't think I could when I was in great shape.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I love jewelry. I have lots of costume pieces as well as some real ones. I love my engagement ring SO much, my diamond earrings and my starfish necklace
11. Favorite hobby? reading, shopping, writing
12. Do you have A.D.D.? no
13. What's one trait you dislike about yourself? I'm a procrastinator
14. Middle name? Rhea and my Maiden Name
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? -I'm tired -I need a manicure -Those lemon nut cookies that Giada is making look yummy!
16. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: -Sonic Diet Sprite, -avocado, -lean ground beef
17. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, Caff free Diet Coke, Diet Coke
18. Current worry? health
19. Current hate right now? house
20. Favorite place to be? with my family
21. How did you bring in the New Year? Luke and I went to NOLA on January 1st for the Sugar Bowl. We had a great time.
22. Where would you like to go? France to see Isa and Zoe
24. Do you own slippers? yes, of course! My favs are red flip flop slippers. I own about 5 pairs of slippers total.
25. What shirt are you wearing? orange tee that says 'take it easy'
26. What year would you go back in time to? I would go back to the 60s. Or does this mean which year in my life
would I go back to? NONE! Forward, not back...
28.Favorite color ? red, hot pink
29. Would you be a pirate? NO, they are overrated. (That was Lauren's answer and I agree)
30. What songs do you sing in the shower? I am always singing. There is always some song or other stuck in my head. It's always some random something. Right now, it's that, "I love you/I honestly love you" song by Olivia Newton John. I don't even like that song. It could be anything.
31. Favorite girl's name: changes- Isabella, Aurora, Audrey, Kenley,
32. Favorite boy's name: - Sawyer, Michael, Walker
33. What's in your pocket right now? I don't have any pockets
34. Last thing that made you laugh. Gilmore Gilrs
35. Best Halloween costume? bunny when I was little
36. Worst injury you've ever had? ummm, cracked kneecap? stitches in my eyelid? oh! the ant bites...
37. Do you love where you live ? Town, yes. House, no!
38. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
39. Who is your loudest friend? mom or me- no one is louder than us
40. How many dogs do you have? One little Layla. When we get a house and yard, we'll get more. Luke wants big outside dogs.
41. Does someone have a crush on you? sure
42. What is your favorite book(s)? I love Valley of the Dolls. I've read it about five or six times. I could probably read it again soon.
43. What is your favorite candy? Turtles, Hershey's with almonds, gummi stuff
44. Favorite Sports Team? LSU tigers
45. Your favorite meal? seafood- shrimp, fish, crawfish, lobster. I love GUMBO- seafood gumbo.
46. What were you doing 12 AM last night? sleeping, which is surprising for me
47. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke? I am still so tired
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
i'm not myself and i'm sorry. i'm having mood swings and lots of emotions- i'm sad. i'm really, really sad. i feel enormous pressure to "buck up" and "move on" and maybe that pressure is all from me. but still. i do feel that some people expect me to be the same old me right away and are shocked that i'm not. i don't know how i'm supposed to feel or act or be and that is hard. what am i supposed to do? i guess there are no real guidelines. it is what it is. i feel what i feel and that is that. i don't want to wallow or sulk or be overboard. i don't want to fall into a depression. I've been assured by trusted peeps that i'm fine and normal and having a-ok reactions. i am very hard on myself. i can be my own worse enemy.
- I'm busy and exhausted! I don't know why I'm so tired but I am. I'm doing my chores like a walking Zombie.
- Shannon and I (along with her mom and sister- the Maid of Honor) went to the bridal show on Sunday. There were some great things there. I know that a photographer and a DJ is still needed. There are lots of photographer choices, too. Everything is so expensive but there are some lovely things. PLUS, I had cake.
- I'm sick of the same websites being shut down EVERY night for "maintenance"- it drives me crazy.
- I've been wanting pancakes for weeks and weeks and still have not had them.
- Do you watch The Closer? I love it.
- Flipping Out coming on tonight!!! My love for Jeff Lewis knows no bounds.
- Speaking of TV, I'm going to do a big post on the TV blog soon about the shows that got canceled and the ones that are coming back. If you have a question about a TV show, email me or leave a comment. I'll let you know when that post is ready.
Labels: blah, crazy, life, love, Shannon, TV
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Tonight while having a conversation with my mom, I realized that I was confused about the date. I thought that next week was the first week of August. I don't know why. So, I'm wrong. The book club discussion is going to go on all day Wednesday, August 6. I'm probably going to post the discussion questions from the back and then we can discuss. I will see how it goes. Thanks and have a good Sunday.
Labels: Diary Book Club
Friday, July 25, 2008
God Speed, Randy Pausch
Randy Pausch, Professor and author (and YouTube sensation), died Friday morning at his home. He was 47. He inspired me SO much I cannot even be adequate with words. I first saw him on Oprah maybe a while ago, but didn't think much of it. I cried, yes, but it didn't sink in. The message. Then, while I was getting off of my Klonopin and going through that difficulty, I saw a special on Randy and his family.
Randy, his beliefs, thoughts and attitude reminded me of my Mama. He inspired me to push on, to be better, to do better. I fell in love with his sweet smile and the way he loved his wife and kids. After I saw the special, I had to show my mom. She ordered the book for all of us the next day! I know that he has touched so many people with his story and messages. If you have not seen the lecture or read the book, go now, you won't be sorry.
Labels: mom, prayer, sad
Thursday, July 24, 2008
I Need To Know...ETA
Would you buy a Jessica Simpson purse? If you wouldn't, why not?
ETA- PRICES and names of items- duh!
Pacha Small Tote $99.99 Zappos.com
Lola Satchel $79.99 Piperlime.com
Also wanted to say that these are just two of the styles. There are more than this. Find them at Endless.com, Zappos.com, Piperlime.com, etc...
Labels: purses, reader partipation, shopping
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Shoeaddict and Friends Book Club Update
I should have done this last night but I didn't . I'm sorry. I was otherwise engaged (say that in a syrupy, sweet, southern drawl). The discussion on our very first book, The Mercy of Thin Air, is one week from today. Most of you will be reading this tomorrow though so, I'll give you the exact date again. It's Wednesday, August 6th. I am not set in stone as to how it will go. I know that there are discussion questions in the back of the book and we will be discussing those for sure. For those of you who are still reading or who have not started, if you come across a question or a point you want to discuss, jot it down and either send it to me (email it at shoeaddict 17 at gmail dot com with no spaces between) or I guess we can bring those points up. I want to have a place for readers (yours, mine, ours) points, questions, comments. I have not started reading again because I want it to be FRESH! I did this my whole life in school when we had to read books for school. I did not read my summer books in May or June or July. I had them because my mom bought them but I read the week (OK, night!) before the test. I usually work better under pressure. I love this idea of a book club. I love thinking that we are all reading the same thing. All of you who are reading or who have read, you are reading about towns that are very close to my heart. Towns that play huge roles in my childhood, my teenage years, my dating life, my life with the lovely Sarah T. I'm a Louisiana girl, through and through. I've always been proud of that. Back to the club, right? What I'd like for you to do is tell me here (1)whether you plan to participate next week in the big discussion, (2) if you've read the book, (3) where you are in the reading or buying process, (4) your name and (5) do you want a Book Club Souvenir? I need to know who wants one/who is participating so I know how to order. Please play along!!! Also, if you have ideas about how this discussion should go, please leave them for me. I would love to hear it. I want to meet as many needs as possible. I know that Amy wants us to start later in the day. I'm thinking of doing a separate blog (ANOTHER ONE!) so that everything is right there and the questions can be answered at anytime. I'm thinking of that. I'll get a professional blog designer to do it all up for me. They can help me with things that I am not even thinking of. Let me know of suggestions for those too. I want lots of people to do this book club thing and love it. Hope your week is going great!
Labels: books, Diary Book Club, I want, reader partipation
Hope You Watched...
Scattered, random thoughts (as I'm watching) on Flipping Out:-Jeff is mean to poor Frank. -Overuse of the word 'like' by Erin and Jeff right off the bat. -I like little Erin.-I LOVE how Chris K thinks that riding a bus is demeaning but picking up dog poo and turning bottled water around in the fridge and taking lunch orders and all the other crazy tasks he does for Jeff are not. His job is demeaning. -Jenni amazes me with her facial expressions or lack thereof. Jeff does the same thing. -I love Ryan. He is so cute. LOVE his hair and clothes. I want him to be my friend. I like when he fights with Jeff. I like when we see them fight, we see Jeff's POV and then Ryan's. Funny-Jeff & Jenni in the car= my favorite! ("a sugary soda, I think that sounds good.")-I FREAKING love that Jenni won't tell him where she lives. I love it. (..."she won't give me any personal information, thinking I'm somehow gonna track her down. Which I would. My first inclination is that maybe she's gonna break up with me but also she could be, ummm, establishing some sort of boundaries.")-I could never see Jeff and Ryan together! -GOD, Jeff! He's being mean to someone who is helping them with the open house. -I love the house on Valley Oak. I love the bathroom and the floors and the windows. -Awwww, Jenni, I like your hair curly SO MUCH BETTER!! -Erin's message and Jeff's response is priceless. -Oh, the crazy cat food conversation! -Who would be crazy enough to give Jeff Louis a key to their apartment? He's throwing things away and straightening her stuff! -Oh yay! An Exorcism. Ryan's face... this woman is gonna cough up a lung! Gross. She sounds like a 2 pack-a-day smoker.-Aaaaand it's Courtney with a hat. Why does she want to look like that? -Love the kitchen hood that Ryan was showing her in the picture... all that wood, gorgeous-Oh, good gracious, Chris asked for time off. *GASP* -I want to go to Steven-Thomas. I saw a dream bed. - Jeff: "Zoila, what do you like about Chris?" Zoila: rolls eyes and shrugsI cannot wait for next week. Drama!
Labels: funny, Jeff Lewis, love, TV
Monday, July 21, 2008
I've been looking around at some handbags and shoes and thought I'd show you some of my favorites at three different sites(Zappos.com, Piperlime.com & Stevemadden.com). Here are just a few picks from each.
I did Zappos last and wanted to just show some of my favorite Lucky Brand handbags. The trend for the Fall is jewel toned colors & especially deep blue (like the KOOBA)(Piperlime) and purple. Lucky Brand has really pretty tan/brown ones though. I like LB because they look kinda hippy-ish. Do you wear the same purse for every season? Are you shopping for a new one (like me)?
Lucky Brand Stripes-Round Hobo (dune)$192.00
Lucky Brand New Francoise (mulberry)$182.00
Piperlime.com is having a huge sale. Handbags and shoes are both on sale. All *s denote my VERY favorite of the favorites. I didn't do * for the handbags.
Latico zip top satchel (purple)$175.00 NEW
KOOBA nelli (blue)$479.99 SALE
Lucky Brand fringe fest (rasta purple)$158.00 NEW
Nine West with a twist tote (black)$85.00 NEW
Big Buddah Denise (brown)$90.00 NEW
Big Buddah Kirsten (tan)$90.00 NEW
Ilena by Bandolino (fuchsia) $29.99 SALE
* Tajo by Na Na (gold)$80.00
* Courtney by Naturalizer in (dirty nickle metallic)$89.00
Party Lounge by Kenneth Cole Unlisted (platinum)$29.99 SALE
Venice by YOU by CROCS (black)$99.99 SALE
* BJULIET Black Fabric $38.00 SALE
LEILANA black Fabric $49.99
* CHAROOS Cognac Leather $59.00 SALE
MAXII pewter leather $99.95
MIRIAM brown leather $39.95 SALE
What do you like? What do you not?
Labels: favorite stuff, I want, love, purses, shoes, shopping
Saturday, July 19, 2008
How To Heal A Broken Heart
- Watch Big Brother 10 and marvel that there are two people from LA!
- Read Adele Parks' Game Over (I stopped reading Mercy because I want it to be fresh in my mind for the book club discussion)
- Eat fatty foods (Blue Bell Rocky Road ice cream, Popeyes fried chicken and biscuits, chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies)
- Get two bouquets of flowers- one from mom&daddy, one from Lindsey & Muffin & Brandon. (I also got an AMAZING alligator key chain/bottle opener)
- Have supper cooked and brought to us by Lindsey (yummy chicken stew, peas, and sweet potatoes)
- Chat with K1 & K2 all day...
- Play with my Webkinz that G & K2 got me. LOVE IT!!
- Read Jen Lancaster's Such A Pretty Fat that Lys sent to me- THANKS! I am laughing out loud!
- Watch movies
- Curl up with my Blue and be loved
- Read your emails and comments of love and support! Thanks so much... I'm doing really well. We are just laying low and watching tv this weekend. I'm just really tired and kinda weak. I know, though, that GOD is good and He has a plan for us and it. is. GOOD. (Isaiah 40:31- But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall RUN and not grow weary; and they shall walk and not grow faint")
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, want this purse.... I love it! It's big and roomy and laid back and pretty. It's buttery leather like my green one but it's by Lucky Brand Jeans. It comes in tan and black and I can get it in goldenrod, too. IF I bought it, I'd go for the tan because I just like that color the best. I need a black bag but the tan one is better.
Labels: blah, blog friends, family, food, Kate, Kelli, Lindsey, Luke, muffin
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A Note From the Desk of Shoeaddict
Hey ya'll. I wanted to tell you that I will be taking it easy on the posting for a few days or a week or so. I don't know. We are going through something not too nice(not a divorce!) and I just need to heal and take care. I'm okay and so is Luke and we appreciate your love and support and prayers and thoughts. Thanks. By the way, did ya'll watch Flipping Out last night? I can understand Jeff firing Chris because he broke a rule and all, but I mean, ,the language used- he was just screwing around at work. Who doesn't do that? I don't think that indicates the type of person he is or if he's turned his life around or not. It's not like Jeff saw Chris taking things or hurting the dogs or kissing Zoila! Poor Zoila, she was so upset. So, I will see ya'll soon.
Labels: life, Luke, my blog, sad
Monday, July 14, 2008
Can I Give My Prepared Oscar Acceptance Speech?
On Thursday, my sweet Jilly gave me this: You are instructed to Chose 5 blogs deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community...and even better, in my opinion, she said this:
I know you have gotten these before but I think it's because you are such a good writer, friend, and you are a unique person I have had the pleasure of getting to know. I appreciate all your comments on my blog and your concern for my family. You always are up to speed on what's going on in the world and at the same time make me laugh. You are a genuine person and I love you!How sweet is that? It made me happy and those words are wonderful. You are all familiar with Jill because I have talked about her before. She is a mommy of four sweeties (two girls and two boys) and is fun! and does a lot for her family.
Then, last night or so, Cristina gave me this:Cristina and I are new blogging buddies and have lots in common. And, she has two beautiful daughters, lives in Cali and likes to cook. I look forward to getting to know her better. I have to move her blog up in my thing so I will read it everyday. I don't use a reader. I need to though, huh? Thanks so much, ladies. I appreciate you so much. xo
Labels: awards, blog friends
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Weekend Buzz with Picture
This weekend was pretty low key for me. I did a whole lot of nothing. I am having trouble with my insomnia and it caught up with me Saturday. L had his friend (A) over and they hung out while I slept and slept some more. This friend is in the middle of a divorce and has a young son. The ex-wife (to be) is "dating" A's best friend (R)! It's quite the drama. Well, to compound it- Luke is A and R's BOSS- oh yeah, fun times. I did about three loads of laundry and there are about 10 more to do. They will have to wait as I am too tired to do more now. I found out on Friday that MAV hated horseback riding lessons. Did I mention she had those this past week? I texted her mother on Friday to let her know that I found MAV's DVDs and to ask her how horseback riding lessons were. She said MAV hated them. I have not been able to talk to MAV and find out the details but I'm eager to know what they are. Poor baby.
My ear is hurting and I'm tired so, I'm cutting this short. Here is a pic of one of my favorite boys at summer camp just a few weeks ago-
Big D and his summer smile :)
Labels: Big D, drama, family, friends, life, Luke, pics
Baby Buzz- On the Double Revisited
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are now the proud parents of twins! A baby boy, KNOX LEON, and a baby girl, VIVIENNE MARCHELINE, were born via c-section Saturday in Nice, France. Her doctor reports that, "The babies are doing well. The operation went just perfectly. Angelina is in very good spirits. Brad Pitt was at her side. He was there and all was well." He also says that Knox weighs 5.03 lbs and Vivienne weighs 5 lbs and that their birth was moved up for "medical reasons". Names, lets discuss. KNOX LEON- Knox is something I've never heard of as a name before. I think of Fort Knox. I'm not saying I don't like it, it's something I have to sit with. I don't dislike it. Leon- I'm wondering how they are pronouncing it. Are they saying it the French way (which is how I said it when I first saw it) or the American way. I don't know how to write out the French pronunciation. *I just read that Knox is Brad's grandfather's name/middle name. Vivienne is one of my FAVORITE girl names. I love, love, love it- spelled like this, with the French pronunciation. I like the other way (Vivian), too but I really love this one. I love Vivi so much. Marcheline is Angelina's late mother's name. I think the two names go well together. I don't think that Zahara and Shiloh and Vivienne really go together, but I guess she doesn't care about that. Maddox, Pax and Knox do go well together though. So, three boys and three girls for the Jolie-Pitt clan. Awesome! Oh, also the mayor of Nice called Brad and Angelina "the most famous couple of the world"- do you agree with that?
Labels: babies, baby names, Celebs, gossip, twins
Saturday, July 12, 2008
The Louisiana Fairy and Cupcake
Here are a few pictures of my sweet, sweet Cupcake. Look at those curls! Those eyes! And lips! Those eyelashes! When I first held her, when she was only 4 days old, I told her, "You will love diamonds, pearls and shoes!" Her mommy said it was like one of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty. I am Cupcake's Louisiana fairy.
Isn't her shirt cute, too? She has Mardi Gras colored beads in her hair in the above photo. This child is so beautiful and she has an infectious laugh. We love her so much!
Labels: Cupcake, family, love, pics
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
If You Can't Be With the One You Love, Honey
We have a winner! Random.org chose number 9 and so I picked the 9th commenter that wanted to win the book, Love the One You're With. I did include my lovely, wonderful, beautiful friend, ISA, even though she said shipping to France was too expensive. No it's not! Sorry you didn't win, Isa. I'll send you and the Cupcake another present. The 9th commenter was Cecily Coleman. I've already sent and email out to her letting her know that she is a winner.
Cecily, I'm totally nosey and want to know everything about you! I've never seen you comment before so I want to know who you are and where you live (need to know that to send you the book) and what you do. Most importantly, I need to know how you found the blog. I love finding that out! Email me all your info soon, Cecily.
Thanks for playing, everyone. I'm going to be doing that again soon. Also, I'm going to be designing a bookmark with a logo for the book club. I know it's silly sounding but I love it! I need a real name though and I keep going 'round and 'round. I like Diary and Friends Book Club but here's the problem- nothing about shoes. That seems kinda wrong, right? Or no? And Shoeaddict's Book Club is not very inclusive. What about Shoeaddict and Friends Book Club? I was thinking of having the name around some type of picture, a shoe and book or something.
I need ya'll to tell me what you think the name should be. You can pick one I've given or make up your own. I don't know how to put up a voters thing like I've seen on other people's blogs (maybe Kelli can tell me how cause she is smart about things like that)(so are YOU).
I have to tell ya'll another little thing, too. God knows your heart. He really does. I've been such a grouchy pants and have been in such a mood lately. Today, I needed to go to the grocery store and I decided to go to a new one. It's not really new, but new to me. I've been going to Wal*Ma.rt and I'm sick of it. That's another post in itself though. So, I went today and loved it. It's locally owned and it's fabulous.
What does that have to do with God knowing my heart? Well, everyone there was so friendly! It warmed my heart (cheesy sounding, I know) and put me in such a good mood. I love, love, love to shop and this place made it so much better. It just helped me so much to have every single person that worked there smile at me and say something friendly when I made eye contact. There was someone around everywhere I turned, no searching necessary.
I am not a beer drinker but over the 4th weekend I drank this and loved it. No, LOVED. It's seasonal but I didn't know when they stopped selling it. I was in their (HUGE, clean) beer and wine section and asked a guy to help me. He spent forever with me chatting like we were old friends. He was so helpful (recommended this, have you had this, Abby?) and sweet and kinda cute which is besides the point, of course. AND my total was so much lower than usual.
It was good times and now we are about to eat some slow cooked chuck roast, broccoli, potatoes and carrots. And have a beer. Have a good one.
Labels: blog friends, Diary Book Club, giveaway, reader partipation, shopping
- The giveaway ends tonight at 6pm Central time. So, you still have time to enter!I'm using the Random.org to choose the winner. I'll probably let ya'll know tonight who won.
- The Diary and Friends Book Club (I changed the name)(maybe I'll have bookmarks or something made up for us!), is growing! I have not updated that list yet though. I think I'm not going to because it's not necessary for you to tell me now that you're joining. You may not get a bookmark or whatever, but.... :)
- I'd love to know who has ordered their book (I know Kelli & Kate have)for DFBC and who has actually started reading it when that happens.
- Amazon.com has some copies of <u>The Mercy of Thin Air
- I decided to start reading one of my other books because I want Mercy to be fresh in my mind. I love Adele Parks. I have read quit a few of her books.
- Off topic from books, do ya'll watch Flipping Out on BRAVO? I freaking love that show. "Bonjour, Chez Louis" How funny!
Labels: books, Diary Book Club, giveaway, TV
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Sunday Born on Monday
While searching for Baby McConaughey's name (see below)(Thanks Kel for the heads up), I found this bit of info on PEOPLE.com. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban did have a reason for naming baby Sunday Rose Kidman Urban what they did. Nicole's father, Antony, says she is named for Sunday Reed a 20th-century artist's muse and Keith's late grandmother Rose. Antony Kidman told an Australian newspaper, "I have read a bit about Sunday [Reed] and her husband John-she was a key mover and shaker in the arts around the beginning of the century. The name Sunday stuck with me as being a nice name for a woman, so my wife and I mentioned it."
Labels: baby names, Celebs, gossip
Baby Buzz- Updated
It's early in the week and the babies are keeping me busy! Last night, Matthew McConaughey and girlfriend Camilla Alves, welcomed a baby boy to the world. The picture at left shows the couple just days ago on the 4th (courtesy of PEOPLE.com).
The baby boy-no name has been released, yet-was born on Monday night, July, 7 in Los Angeles at 6:22pm. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
I can't wait to hear the name, of course. Matthew has a brother with a son named MILLER LYTE, yes, for real. L likes it. At least he's not named Bud Lyte or Milwaukee's Best (which would be our kid's name).
I'm sure Matthew and Camilla's baby is beautiful as both his parents are gorgeous. I'll update on the name as soon I know.
UPDATED- I've read on some gossipy sites that the couple named the boy, LEVI ALVES McCONAUGHEY. On one site it says that the name comes from Levi being another name for the apostle Matthew in the Bible. Matthew and Camila also released this statement: "We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin'."—Matthew David McConaughey and Camila Maria Saraiva de Araujo Alves.
I love how spanish people have big long names. I like Levi. It fits him, too. It's not crazy though. I wouldn't use it but it's a name and it has a great meaning.
Scroll down for giveaway and book club
Labels: babies, baby names, Celebs, gossip
Pregnancy Fashion Buzz
I have not done a Fashion Buzz in awhile, I know. While doing some research on which celebs are still pregnant, I found this picture of Ashlee Simpson. I have a problem with this outfit. This girl needs some support for the girls. She is a pregnant woman who has breasts and this is not adequate coverage. I understand that it's hot and she's just running to the video store, but that is not right. AND go get a hair trim. Gwen Stefani, on the other hand, knows how to wear the sundress while very pregnant. I love her so much. I think she looks so great. Isn't she pretty? AND she has great coverage for the boobies. Her son (and hubby) is so cute and I love his name, Kingston. I can't wait for her to have the new baby. Scroll down for book club or giveaway
Labels: babies, Fashion Buzz, pregnancies
Monday, July 7, 2008
Diary Book Club- Updated
This is my 700th post and I have an announcement! I've decided to start that book club since there was some interest. I'm very excited! The first book we will read is The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Dominique. It is set in 1920's south Louisiana (I'm set in modern day south Louisiana)! It looks like Amazon is out of them right now, Kelli ordered hers from Paperback Swap, if you are interested in that. I'm sure your library has copies. I'll keep you posted about Amazon. If you are having a problem finding the book, let me know. In the back of the book, there are questions for discussion and I'll try to keep some notes, too. Also, you'll email (or leave in comments) questions or points you want discussed. Then, we'll all gather round and discuss all the questions and points being brought up right here at the Diary. How awesome!! I figure one month is enough time to read the book. If it's not enough time you will just tell me that you need more time and that is fine. If everyone finishes before then, that is great too. We are just working out the kinks here the first few times. You can always email me with questions and concerns, book ideas, etc at shoeaddict17 at gmail dot com. We'll have our big book club meeting on Wednesday, August 6th starting at about 10am. How's that sound? Who's in? Let your friends know, too. I'm thrilled beyond imagination about this because I miss school and fun discussions like this. I wish I could have you all over to my house and we could really talk about books (and shoes and marriage and life). Please feel free to email me with any kind of anything, okay? The book is a little confusing because it jumps back and forth between time periods. This is what I read that made me order it.
Updated- Ok, those are you who are participaticing are:
-Chel (Hello! She used to live here in LA)(Oh! She reviewed Poetic Wax on Chic Critique)
-Amy (from LA and lives here)
-GEG (from N LA but lives in Chicago)
That is 6, 7 including me. I'm hoping that Sarah joins, too *hint, hint*. I'm excited! Did I mention that?
Labels: books, Diary Bookclub, fun, new books, reader partipation
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban welcomed a baby girl to the world this morning in Nashville, TN. SUNDAY ROSE KIDMAN URBAN is her name and she weighed 6 pounds 7.5 ounces. Mother and baby are said to be doing well.
Which celeb will be next to have their baby? Camilla Alves? Gwen Stefani? Angelina Jolie? Who else is pregnant?
What do you think of the name, of course? I've never heard of someone naming their child Sunday. I've heard of Tuesday and Wednesday from the Addams Family (not that I like those) but never Sunday.
Also, what do you think of the baby having four names- both parents' last names with no hyphen? I love that but every tells me I can't do it because we're not royalty.
*SCROLL DOWN FOR BOOK GIVEAWAY!
Labels: babies, baby names, Celebs, gossip
Booking It (too you)(a giveaway!)
I read a lot. I have lots and lots of books, too. I'm talking a lot. I've decided to try and do reviews here after I have read the book(s). Oh, and do some giveaways every now and then to get rid of the books. I read them and they are in great condition (mostly) so, they just take up space. I have two books to review and one to giveaway today.
The first book is the above by Emily Giffin (photo from Amazon). I've read Giffin's first two books Something Borrowed and Something Blue which were good. They tied into each other. This book was different. It's about a girl named Ellen who is newly married and lives in New York City. She runs into her first love on the street one day and wonders "what-if" as he continues to pop up in her life.
I liked this book but did not love it. I found Ellen unrelatable in some parts of the book, for me. This is clearly subjective as you may find her very relatable. I don't want to say exactly which parts I mean because I'll give away large parts of the story. It's good to read about how different people feel and react though. I know she's not a real person but the writer is and she writes from a real place.
Did you read this? What did you think?
The book I just finished is the above Mrs Kimble by Jennifer Haigh. This novel is the author's first. She has a new one out that I'm interested in reading because I loved her voice. In Mrs Kimble, we read about Ken Kimble's three wives and families and what his marrying (and leaving) them does to their lives. The book spans twenty some odd years and a few states.
This book was just riveting. I loved it. The characters were fabulous and well written. The women, though all different in age and background, were all tragic and broken in someway. Even though that was the case, I still didn't feel like they were all sad and depressed and completely helpless. I'm very impressed by Jennifer Haigh and am going to read her other books.
Unfortunately, I am only giving away Love the One You're With because Mrs Kimble got wet and is a mess. I'm too embarrassed to send it out to someone. Here is how the giveaway will go: (1) leave me a comment here letting me know that you want to win this book (you can leave a comment even if you don't want to win, just say you don't want to win) (2) tell me what you are reading now or what you read last (3) be sure I have your e mail info (4) do all of this BEFORE Wednesday July 9th at 6pm when I'll announce the winner (I'll do random number or names in a bag)
Okay! How's that? I'm excited. Whoever wins might get an extra bonus book, too. We'll discuss it (or not. ha ha) Anyway, I'm dying to do a sorta book club like thing where we (or some of us) read the same book and periodically talk about it. I'll be happy to host it here. I'm about to start reading The Mercy Of Thin Air. I actually read a few pages and it's so fabulous already, I'm thrilled. It's set in New Orleans in 1920 and it's about a woman who dies but is caught between worlds or something- it's so amazing. So, just let me know.
Labels: Book Review, books, fun, giveaway
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Fireworks, Crabs and An Alligator
Happy late Independence Day, kids! We are having a blast here. We had a BBQ yesterday and watched fireworks. We had wonderful food and great company. It was hot but fun. We even rode in the boat at dusk. Today, we had a crab boil and fried shrimp. Oh good grief!! It was fantastic. I love boiled crabs. We saw a HUGE alligator in the water, too. He was giant. Daddy fed him a crab and he opened his mouth to eat it. My cousin and her family are down the road at a campground. It's so nice to see them all. It's great to do simple things and enjoy each other. Nothing makes me happier than being with my family, nothing. I'm hot and dirty and stinky, though. It's OK. I love it. I hope everyone remembered to be thankful to our brave military who make it possible for us to be free and be with our families. There are so many men and women who are away from their families right now. They have fought for our rights to be free: free to disagree with what they do, free to blog about our opinions, free to pray to the god of our choice, free to hold our children close. Happy Independence Day, ya'll! God Bless America!
Labels: family, food, fun, holidays
Thursday, July 3, 2008
What are your fourth of July plans?
My grandparents, bro and Gus, mom and dad, Luke and I are all going to the camp. My cousins will be at a campground close by and so we'll get to hang out with them. I plan on doing some reading and sleeping and relaxing.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Stole This From Kelli
1.What is in the back of your car? Shoes... no really. Two pairs actually. Also, a book and maybe some trash.
2.What color is your toothbrush? It's pink and clear.
3.Name one person who made you smile today. MAV
4.What were you doing at 8:00 AM? We were sleeping. We've been staying up late.
5. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? cooking
6. What is your favorite candy? I love, love, love chocolate with nuts. I also like sour gummi worms or whatever.
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? "What are you talking about?" to MAV and Luke who are talking about ghosts.
8. What is the best ice cream flavor? Umm, it depends. I like cookies and cream but I also love chocolate and peanut butter and mint chocolate chip.
9. What is the last thing you had to drink? I'm drinking a Caffeine Free Diet Coke right now.
10 What are you wearing right now? A grey Old Navy tee and jean capris
11. What is the last thing you ate? I just had supper which was pastalaya and corn.
12. Have you bought any new clothes this week? Yes, for MAV, not for me.
13. When was the last time you ran? Good grief, who knows? I don't run.
14. What was the last sporting event you watched? I watched UGA lose the College World Series.
15. Ever go camping? I have very fond memories of camping as a kid but I haven't been in years. That is Kelli's answer and it's mine, too. I'd also like to add that this ole gal will not go camping in a tent. I don't do running or tents. I'd go in a camper with AC and a toilet and shower.
16. Do you have a tan? No, I use suntan lotion.
17. Do you take vitamins daily? No but I will be on prenatal ones soon.
18. Do you go to church? No. I don't have a place that I like. I have a lot to say about this subject so I'll just say "no"
19. Do you like Chinese food more than pizza? No, but I like them both.
20. Do you drink your soda with a straw? I'm very weird about this subject, too. I don't like glass touching my teeth. If I have to drink out of a glass, I have to have a straw. I like a fountain drink in a big cup with a straw above lots of things.
21. Are you someone’s best friend? Yep
22. What are you doing tomorrow? playing with MAV, maybe going to the movies, washing more clothes...
23. Where is your dad? in Houston, TX
24. Can you say the alphabet backwards? I guess I could, but it would take a long time and I'd really have to think about it carefully
25. Do you have a maid service clean your home? No, but I wish I did sometimes.
26. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? No, I have lots of favorite pairs of shoes. I've been wearing my J.Crew flip flops a lot lately.
27. What color is your car? silver
28. How do you like your popcorn? LARGE! I like it without butter in the theatre though. I don't like the way the extra greasy "butter-" stuff they put on it makes the popcorn soggy. I also love cheddar popcorn.
29. How did you get your worst scar? I have the tiny one in the corner of my eye where I had stitches at four-years-old. I have the tiny one (that used to be bigger) from where an ex burned me with his cigarette. The biggest and the worst are the ones from the massive amounts of ant bites I got a few years ago. They are like pits in my skin on my left leg.
30. Look to your left. What do you see? Luke's guitar (the acoustic one), a ratty bookshelf-like thing that the guitar is leaning against.
31. What color is your watch? silver but I don't have it on
32. What do you think of when you think of Australia? The accents and kangaroos and the Sydney Opera House and "down under"
33. Do you use chap stick? I use Bert's Bees and Rosebud Salve
34. Do you have a dog? Yep. I always have, really.
35. Last person you talked to on the phone? My mom
36. Have you met anyone famous? I don't think so. Not anyone really famous because I can't think of anyone.
37. Any plans today? Well, it's 10pm so my plans are bath and bed. My plans for today were to go to the bank and then go to pay my rent, do laundry, clean the kitchen and mop the floors and I did all of that- plus some!
38. How many states have you lived in? Two- LA & GA
39. Do you dye your hair? Yes. I have hair that is too dark. It makes me look old and hagged. It's naturally very dark auburn or has the auburn in it. The red has gotten more prominent the older I get.
40. Do you like cats? I don't really, no. I'm very allergic and they give me the willies with the pouncing and screaming.
*If you wanna do it, let me know. The meme I mean.
Baby Buzz- On the Double
Updated July 2, 10:53am It's happening soon and it's true this time. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt checked in to Lenval Hospital in Nice, France as scheduled today. A spokesperson for the hospital says, "There's no urgency. It's been planned for a long time. She's very well. Everything is fine." Angleina and Brad are having twins, rumored to be girls, but that fact has not been confirmed. A few weeks ago, an Internet rumor had the twins born and named Isla Marcheline and Amelie Jane. That proved to be false, obviously. Also, a bidding war for the twins' first pictures has already begun, reportedly topping up to $20 million. The money they received from the photos of their first biological daughter, Shiloh Nouvel, was donated to charity. The couple are also the parents of Maddox Chivan,6, Pax Thien, 4, and Zahara Marley, 3. Angelina gave birth to Shiloh in 2006 by Cesarean section. The other children were adopted from around the world with Pax being the newest addition in March of 2007. Details to come as they become available (and I have time to post them). Sources- Telegraph.co.uk, E! News, Google Images, Wikipedia10:23am- Angelina's doctor is going to be addressing the press. Also, I wanted to correct myself- she apparently did not check in to the maternity suite yesterday, but over the weekend. Some reports say that this is earlier than expected while others claim her to have planned it.
Labels: babies, baby names, Celebs, gossip, pregnancies