Wednesday, July 9, 2008

If You Can't Be With the One You Love, Honey

We have a winner! Random.org chose number 9 and so I picked the 9th commenter that wanted to win the book, Love the One You're With. I did include my lovely, wonderful, beautiful friend, ISA, even though she said shipping to France was too expensive. No it's not! Sorry you didn't win, Isa. I'll send you and the Cupcake another present. The 9th commenter was Cecily Coleman. I've already sent and email out to her letting her know that she is a winner.


Cecily, I'm totally nosey and want to know everything about you! I've never seen you comment before so I want to know who you are and where you live (need to know that to send you the book) and what you do. Most importantly, I need to know how you found the blog. I love finding that out! Email me all your info soon, Cecily.


Thanks for playing, everyone. I'm going to be doing that again soon. Also, I'm going to be designing a bookmark with a logo for the book club. I know it's silly sounding but I love it! I need a real name though and I keep going 'round and 'round. I like Diary and Friends Book Club but here's the problem- nothing about shoes. That seems kinda wrong, right? Or no? And Shoeaddict's Book Club is not very inclusive. What about Shoeaddict and Friends Book Club? I was thinking of having the name around some type of picture, a shoe and book or something.


I need ya'll to tell me what you think the name should be. You can pick one I've given or make up your own. I don't know how to put up a voters thing like I've seen on other people's blogs (maybe Kelli can tell me how cause she is smart about things like that)(so are YOU).


I have to tell ya'll another little thing, too. God knows your heart. He really does. I've been such a grouchy pants and have been in such a mood lately. Today, I needed to go to the grocery store and I decided to go to a new one. It's not really new, but new to me. I've been going to Wal*Ma.rt and I'm sick of it. That's another post in itself though. So, I went today and loved it. It's locally owned and it's fabulous.


What does that have to do with God knowing my heart? Well, everyone there was so friendly! It warmed my heart (cheesy sounding, I know) and put me in such a good mood. I love, love, love to shop and this place made it so much better. It just helped me so much to have every single person that worked there smile at me and say something friendly when I made eye contact. There was someone around everywhere I turned, no searching necessary.


I am not a beer drinker but over the 4th weekend I drank this and loved it. No, LOVED. It's seasonal but I didn't know when they stopped selling it. I was in their (HUGE, clean) beer and wine section and asked a guy to help me. He spent forever with me chatting like we were old friends. He was so helpful (recommended this, have you had this, Abby?) and sweet and kinda cute which is besides the point, of course. AND my total was so much lower than usual.


It was good times and now we are about to eat some slow cooked chuck roast, broccoli, potatoes and carrots. And have a beer. Have a good one.

Labels: , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design