Monday, July 7, 2008

Diary Book Club- Updated

This is my 700th post and I have an announcement! I've decided to start that book club since there was some interest. I'm very excited!

The first book we will read is The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Dominique. It is set in 1920's south Louisiana (I'm set in modern day south Louisiana)! It looks like Amazon is out of them right now, Kelli ordered hers from Paperback Swap, if you are interested in that. I'm sure your library has copies. I'll keep you posted about Amazon. If you are having a problem finding the book, let me know.

In the back of the book, there are questions for discussion and I'll try to keep some notes, too. Also, you'll email (or leave in comments) questions or points you want discussed. Then, we'll all gather round and discuss all the questions and points being brought up right here at the Diary. How awesome!!

I figure one month is enough time to read the book. If it's not enough time you will just tell me that you need more time and that is fine. If everyone finishes before then, that is great too. We are just working out the kinks here the first few times. You can always email me with questions and concerns, book ideas, etc at shoeaddict17 at gmail dot com. We'll have our big book club meeting on Wednesday, August 6th starting at about 10am. How's that sound?

Who's in? Let your friends know, too. I'm thrilled beyond imagination about this because I miss school and fun discussions like this. I wish I could have you all over to my house and we could really talk about books (and shoes and marriage and life). Please feel free to email me with any kind of anything, okay? The book is a little confusing because it jumps back and forth between time periods. This is what I read that made me order it.

Updated- Ok, those are you who are participaticing are:
-Kate
-Chel (Hello! She used to live here in LA)(Oh! She reviewed Poetic Wax on Chic Critique)
-Lesli
-Kelli
-Amy (from LA and lives here)
-GEG (from N LA but lives in Chicago)

That is 6, 7 including me. I'm hoping that Sarah joins, too *hint, hint*. I'm excited! Did I mention that?


Labels: , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design