Sunday, May 18, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Gladiator Sandals

Luke and I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on the Sci-Fi channel tonight. It was fun. He is very, very cute- Luke, I mean. Indiana Jones is too, of course. We were talking about how Harrison Ford is sadly too old to make a new Indy adventure though. Sometimes people should know when it's time to leave well enough alone.


We also discussed the recent events in California. I know that some of my readers home school their children and some plan to or are thinking about it. I'd love to hear from you and know what's on your minds. I could not be a teacher. I could barely tutor this very sweet, harmless little girl in a subject I knew backwards and forwards. I live in an area that has great public schools and private schools, too. I highly doubt that I will home school. I just want to hear from those of you who do or will. What made you choose that? What do you think of the ruling in California? Even if you are not homeschooling or not even a parent (I'm not even a parent!) (YET), I'd like to know what you think. Please remember to be kind and respectful. Everybody had the right to an opinion here.


I am of the firm belief that I should be able to do what I want to do with my children. If I think that homeschooling is the best for them, so be it. This way of thinking can get tricky though. I do not believe in "big" government coming in and telling me how to raise my kids, spend my money, worship my God, work my job, doctor my wounds, treat my cough, etc, etc... I do think that parents should have to follow rules regarding their children's education, home schooled or not, but it seems from all I've read, there are rules.


Moving right along.... everyone seemed to be in agreement about the shoes. The Athenaa's were my favorite's, too. They aren't the only pair I'm bringing, but I obviously want to keep the packing to a minimum. That is going to give me panic attacks for the week. Oh, Lawd! Give me a minute. *Deeeeep Breath* I'll have to get Lin to help me because i am awful at this kinda thing and she loves it. And I have to pack Luke! We've never been on a plane together- very, very nervous and very, very excited.


Back to the shoes, where were we... oh, yes, the Athenaa's. I went to the SteveMadden site to buy them and they are only available in a size 10! I am not a size 10. Le sigh. If you are, go NOW and buy them. We will all wait. We will. Go! Did you buy them? Aren't they fab?
Well, I spent forever trying to find a replacement. I went on tons of sites and found tons of shoes. I went back and forth for hours. I am really not exaggerating. I kept changing my mind on what I really wanted and finally I found these:
They are Sam Edelman Gilda in Pewter. I LOVE. You can all tell me you really hate them and I won't even care. They came in black, aqua, orange and a white/black that was really pretty, too. I picked this color because I feel like I can wear it with everything.
I found this dress at Torrid but I didn't get it. I like it though. My hair was cut like that but has grown out some. I'm thinking should I cut it back or let it grow out? I don't know. I liked it like that but I always miss my long hair.
This top shirt is my most favorite shirt. I already have it. I've worn it once. My mom bought it for me and I wore it a few weeks ago to her birthday dinner. It is so cute and very comfortable. I'm definitely bringing it. It is an easy-to-pack type of shirt, too.
I also have this shirt. My mom has it, too. I've never worn mine. I don't know if I'm gonna bring it or not. I'm sure I'm going to pack too much. We are going to have a washer and dryer. I know I'm bringing my 3 bathing suits, 2 cover ups, some pajamas, and way too many panties. I always bring way too many panties. I know it's unnecessary because we have a washer and dryer but I do it anyway. I should be worried about consolidating my makeup into one bag. Right now, it's in about 3 different bags.


I'm gonna need a lot of lists!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design