Saturday, October 6, 2007

Test

I woke up this morning, well yesterday morning since it's 12:38am on Saturday technically (GAME DAY!!) at 4:30. I watched my DVR'ed Dirty Sexy Money (I blogged about it on the new blog) and My Name is Earl. My mom came to get me at 6:30 and we headed towards our destination. I had a headache.

We got there on time for my 8:00 MRI and I went right on back. I had to take off my bra but, I got to stay in my clothes- no gown! I was told to lay down on the hard plastic and very narrow table. The nice lady then put a blue "hair net" thing over my messy ponytail and proceeded to pull these contraptions over my face and neck. Oh, she gave me headphones with music, too. I was having my neck and brain done, each in 30 minute spans.

I don't know if any of y'all have ever had an MRI done but, this was not my first rodeo, or my second. I knew what I was in for- the noise, the claustrophobia, but I don't think I've ever had the catcher's mask-like thing over my face before and that was rough. It was more that one little part of my nose was touching a part of it and that creeped me out. I'm not especially claustrophobic but, ANYONE will get a touch of it in this situation. I was also in a lot of pain from the migraine PLUS the noise! Oh, the noise. I'm super sensitive to noises. I have bad ears. I had ear infection after ear infection as a child, blew my ear drum, have some hearing loss so, some noises can really drive me crazy.

I also have tremors. When I first had them they were mistaken for seizures. They resemble seizures because my body tenses and I shake and am disoriented. It's a result of pain. I had an episode of that during the end of the first 30 minute session. They brought my mom in and she told them I didn't have seizures (they also had a doctor in) and then let her stay in after that. I've been through LOTS of medical procedures, hospital stays and unpleasant often painful experiences all without my "mommy." I am not afraid to admit that I 100% like it better with my mommy!!!

When there was only 10 more minutes left of the brain portion of the scan, the MRI lady buzzed me out to inject an IV contrast into my vein. Here is another little fun bit of Shoeaddict trivia- I have crap-for-veins. They roll, the stick and they blow. Well, I couldn't see her doing the inserting (I'm weird and I like to see) and she was trying a vein in the crook of my left arm. If I would have thought about it, I would have remembered that those veins had it pretty rough a few weeks ago when I had tons of blood drawn. I know that when one area is used a lot, the veins will eventually blow. Well, it did blow and some of the contrast went into my tissue and it HURT. She stuck me in the right hand, no problem. I'm not afraid of needles at all. The area that blew- ugly little bruise and it still hurts. She said it would "Sting a little bit." Liar.

We finally left. I had a headache. We discussed all kinds of things in the car. Family members, my cousin Donna (she's sick again- please pray for her! Bless her heart!), what we will do next, blah, blah,blah...

OK, fast forward.... Oh, wait I gotta tell y'all! Mom told me that the MRI lady told her that they were calling Dr R's (my neurologist) office to let her know that the test was done and they were sending it over and I was gonna call. We didn't want to wait for the results through the weekend. We both knew that if something were to show up, she would call me but, still. So, I call her office and I get *sigh* PEARL! Oh, to deal with the people I have to deal with in the medical community. Some of these people bend over backwards to help you and are so nice you want to just invite 'em over for Sunday supper (I have a nurse like that). Then you have the Pearls. She has a little bit 'o power seein' as she answers the phone and stands between you and Dr R or her (lovely) nurse Debbie. Maybe she has never had any other power before. Maybe she is oppressed by her husband. Maybe she was picked on in school. I. DON'T. CARE. She is rude to me and is very nosy.

Back to fast forwarding.... Dr R does call me back after I weasel my way around Pearl (a few times) and tells me that the MRI hasn't been officially read but she looked at it and no tumors or aneurysms jump out at her. She did see something on my neck (can't quite remember what she said they were) but, they were not really a big deal. She wants to see me again to discuss another matter which I may or may not discuss. I feel like all I do now is talk about me being sick and I never intended for that to happen.

Thank you all SO MUCH for all your prayers, good thoughts and kind sweet words and emails. I cannot begin to express how much it has meant to have all of you praying for me and asking after me. Some of my own best friends didn't even ask. Blogging has brought such awesome people into my life!

Please let me know your prayer requests! XXXOOO

P.S. GEAUX TIGERS!!!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited!!

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design