Monday, June 18, 2007

Listen to This


Amy Winehouse kicks ass. For real. I don't listen to the radio so I don't know if you've heard her or not. But, she's amazing. I kept seeing her and hearing about her and thinking that she looked like a cartoon character.
Then, when i was buying some CDs the other day, my curiosity took over and I listened to the samples. I was just blown away!!
It's jazzy and the beats are great and her vocals are astonishing. I really COULD NOT believe that voice came out of that skinny little punk looking gal with the waaaaay teased hair and the obnoxious tatoos. But, her voice is so amazing and different. That's what I love.
I'm a fan of all different types of music. I love old rock like Fleetwood Mac, Lynard Skynard, CCR, Allman Brothers, etc. I love old country like Willie, Merle, George and Dolly. And new country too. I love old jazz ladies like Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday. I love pop and rock and alternative and Louisiana stuff. I love stuff like Nirvana, Ozzy, Smashing Pumpkins, Fergie, Justin Timberlake, The Doors, The Who, and my fav Widespread Panic. So, you see, I run the gamut with music.
But, Miss Beehive Winehouse is different and her CD is just fabulous. When I got it in, I was going to get Luke and myself food and I jammed. I didn't want to come home! Luke was on the front porch when I pulled in and he was shaking his head. He does not think it's ok to "car dance" or dance anywhere in public for that matter. And I am really the total opposite. If i'm jamming in the car and I see someone looking- I turn it up and rock on!! Luke knows this. So, when I got out of the car he wanted to know what I was listening to and I told him. He had seen her too but never heard her. He was impressed.
So, have you heard her? What do you think?
"he walks away the sun goes down" Tears Dry on Their Own -Amy Winehouse

Labels: , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design