Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Hair. My Soul.

So, today I got my hair cut. Not a trim. I got a CUT. I was sick of the loooooong hair but, I had some requirements such as: I still had to be able to put it up (love my ponytail!!) & I could not have "fat face". I don't know if you are familiar with fat face but, it's not pretty. I'm sure you are aware that I'm not skinny but, I don't have a round face. My face is an oval shape (with the extra chins. :) ). But, when you are bigger, and have curls, short hair can sometimes equal fat face.

That was another thing- the curls. I got rid of the flat iron a long time ago. Stick straight hair is not for me. I need some "ummph"! Trying to blow dry the hair straight and then flat iron it also, takes waaaaaay more time than I'm willing to put into doing the hair. So, I wear it curly or wavy. Works for me.
I'm keeping the "hair" theme going by talking about hair products. Do you know what you are putting on your hair? Do you care? Maybe you should care more... Shampoos like Pantene, Suave, Pert Plus, etc, all are made with things like sulfer which is HORRIBLE for both your hair and your skin. It touches your scalp and gets into your bloodstream. These shampoos are like detergents with strong chemicals in them. Go to this link to learn more. http://www.aubrey-organics.com/about/articles/shampoo_chart.cfm#top

I use Aveda hair products and love them.

As for make-up, I don't use Aveda and I haven't done the "mineral make-up" thing. Maybe I should???? Having health problems, I really have started (lately) thinking about what I have been putting in my body and breathing in and putting on my body. We know that all processed and trans-fatty foods are terrible for us, making us feel sluggish and yuck. The more organic the food, the better for you. I know that can make you feel better.
I do not know very much about "healthy" products but, it's something I'm intreged by, for sure. I will be reading more about what I'm eating, what I'm bathing with, and what I'm lathering on my body. It could be making me sick!
I will report on what I've found out. I do know for sure that Pantene shampoo made my hair fall out. You can read about why at the link. It's all about sodium lauryl sulfate and it's derivatives. That stuff causes eye problems, hair loss, even cancer! Yes, it's cheaper but, at what COST??
Are you at all concerned about things like this?

"Gentelemen prefer blondes... but gentlemen marry brunettes" ~Anita Loos

"Hair brings ones self-image into focus; it is vanity proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices." ~Shana Alexander

Labels: , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design