Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Power

We have it! We left my mom's house early this afternoon to finally come home. Luke and Justin had to run some errands this morning and I stayed behind to pack up our things. Also, I had cramps. Yes, you did need to know that.

We got here and I had so much to do. I cleaned out my refrigerator and freezer earlier in the week so that was already done. It was a rough job then cause we lost everything. We had nothing to eat in here so I had to go to the store. Everyone had this idea. Plus, not all the grocery stores have all the stuff. I wished I had my camera with me because the pictures would tell a sad tale. I went to my favorite store first. I had hardly no produce at all- no lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, apples, nothing really. Well, some lemons, butternut squash and very hard avocados. I cannot make a salad with that though.

There was no frozen foods except ice cream. I'm TRYING to diet. It's very, very hard to do that in the middle of a disaster. I went to a second store and got some salad stuff and frozen veggies, but not much. I still couldn't find any onions or bell peppers- frozen or not. I will go out to look again tomorrow. I'm cooking red beans and rice tomorrow if I can find my seasonings. (Tacos tonight)

I'm nervous about Ike and so is everybody else. I spoke to many people today in both stores (I SO should be a reporter!) and that was the number one topic- how they didn't want to buy too much in case of Ike coming next week. The other topics that is on our minds here- YAY! Our electricity is back on and we are going home or turning our generator off. OR BOO! We don't have electricity yet and we are paying out the hoo-ha for gas for our generator or staying with family and ready to go home.

I still want to show ya'll the pictures that I have from Tuesday but I cannot find my cord right now. I'll get to it ASAP. For now, go HERE for images of Hurricane Gustav.

Labels: ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design