Monday, December 17, 2007

Back On Track

For some reason, I didn't read any books in October or November. It's a record for me. I usually read 3-5 books a week. Those were the months Luke was gone and I stayed with mama and daddy. My routine was different. I watched TV with mama and I read magazines in spurts.

Things are back on track, though. I recently finished Best Friends by Martha Moody. It was a really great book. I thought it was well written. It follows college roommates, Clare Mann and Sally Rose through adulthood, into careers and marriages, tragedies and triumphs. The author goes forward and back in time but, not too much, just enough to keep the writing fresh. The plot is a little on sad side. It makes you think about what you would do with information, knowledge. If you knew something terrible that could really hurt someone you love, would you, could you, should you, tell them? I finished Best Friends and immediately began Good Little Wives by Abby Drake. It was a fun, quick read about older, rich, trophy wives with a murder among them. The story follows 4 of New Falls "wives of" as they try to figure out who murdered the ex-husband of one of their old friends. All the wives have secrets, all of them are suspects and it was a good book. Not earth-shattering, not edge-of-your-seat but, good.
I just finished Good Little Wives and I'm just opening The Other Mother by Gwendolen Gross. It appears to be very engaging and thought-provoking. It's about two different mothers who live near each other, a working one and a stay-at-home one. A pregnant first timer and a seasoned mother of three who have different views of parenting and "the two women find themselves both drawn to and repelled by each other and their opposing choices..." (from the inside jacket) I'm excited to dig into this story.
As per usual, I try to follow a "serious" book with a more light-hearted one so, the one after The Other Mother will probably be this one, Smart Girls Like Me by Diane Vadino. More on this book and on The Other Mother as I progress.
What are you reading? Be sure to tell me a little about the book in case I have no clue. I'm open to all books except Sci-fi. I don't just read chick-lit or depressing stuff!

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design