Thursday, May 24, 2007

On This Day In History...

Four years ago, on a beautiful beach at sunset, Luke and I were married. It was such a fantastic day for so many reasons. I loved the wedding!! All the beautiful children skipping down the sandy aisle, the family and friends barefoot and smiling, my father and I waiting in the beach house. Luke's granddaddy, who passed away in April, standing with Luke and waiting for me. Brandon, Luke's friend playing the guitar.
It's time to go and daddy is being silly. Brandon begins playing my song, "Dee" by Randy Rhodes (I'm sure none of you know it!) and I try to see my mom, my ma ma, but all I see is him. I take his hand and know that it is so right. I am so present. I remember hearing so many stories about people not remembering anything about their weddings but, that is not the case for me. I was unaware of everyone else but, I remember everything.
It was only Luke, me, granddaddy's sweet voice and the sound of the waves. All the things that granddaddy said were so important to both of us. We talked about those vows and the meaning of marriage many times before. This is important to us. I look into those blue eyes that have been the source of so many emotions for me up to that point and now, four years later. Those blue eyes that look at me and know me, the real me, the truth. He has taken my hands into his beautiful strong hands. The hands that have held me when I cried, saved me when I was dying, and provides for us everyday. Those hands that will one day cradle our children, be wrinkled with age and work, have always been there to catch me when I fall (literally and figuratively).
As I recited those vows, the ones everyone knows, "in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer..." (however they go... see below) I meant every word. My heart was so full. I rememeber being so moved that I had to touch him. I touched his face, that sweet face, and smiled. I remember hearing him tell me the same thing and knew he meant it all, too. I married my best friend, my true love, my heart. It was the best thing I've ever done.

After our first kiss as husband and wife, Brandon played "Ain't Life Grand" and yeah, it is.

I love you Luke! You're my favorite- love, little ruth

Thanks mom and daddy for the best wedding ever!

*** HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY TO LINDSEY & BRANDON FONTENOT***

"love is patient, love is kind and envies no one; Love is never boastful, nor conceited nor rude; never selfish, not quick to take offense. The is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to it's faith, it's hope and endurance. In a word, there are three things that last forever: faith, hope and love; but the greatest of them all is love" 1 Corinthians 13

"My colors are blush and bashful" "Her colors are pink and pink!" "My colors are blush and bashful, two shades of pink, one is slightly deeper than the other..." Shelby and M'Lynn Steel Magnolias (a conversation I had with the wedding planner- "I want the Pink and Pink wedding)

To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, TILL DEATH DO US PART

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design