Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ode to My Mama

My mom's birthday was Sunday, the 6th and of course, Mother's Day is Sunday so this is the perfect time for me to talk about how fabulous my mother is. VERY!! My mom is smart, strong, dedicated, funny, kind, & happy. She's all those things and so much more.

My mom & I have always had a great relationship. She's always been tough with me, expecting me to do my best and wanting me to be happy. When things were absolutely terrible for me, she was there. She has stayed up many nights listening to me cry or break down in general. Or stayed with me while I was sick, whether I was at home or in the hospital (all those ER visits). My mother has functioned on no sleep for days while taking care of me when I was at my lowest. I know that because of me, my mother has been through so much hell. Through it all, she cheered me on and I knew I couldn't ever get up on myself.

On a lighter note, two things I love about my mom are 1) her laugh and 2) her smell.

My mom has THE MOST infectious laugh I've ever heard. When she laughs, it's with her entire body and she can't get through the story, you know what I'm talking about? I love that. It's that kind of laugh that makes everybody else laugh, even though you have no clue what the hell you're laughing at... it's great!!! We went to the Bonefish Grill tonight for her birthday dinner. She went with "the family" on Sunday but, I wasn't able to go because of a headache so, I told her I would take her somewhere this week. Anyway, we went tonight and had a blast!! We laughed, told stories, ate really good fish and had drinks. She acted like a mom and we laughed at that- she told me to "be careful, there's lot's of alcohol in a martini" (really? noooo?), and "don't forget to give the guy a tip". Funny:) She laughs at herself, too, which I love. It makes her fun and that is a trait I've inherited from her, I laugh at myself too.

I have a "thing" about smells. I have always been sensitive to them and connected emotionally with them. When I was a little girl my mom used to put my hair in ponytails with the band and then the scrunchie on top. My hair was way too thin to put up in a scrunchie alone. Anyway, when I was at school, sitting in Mass or whatever, I'd pull my scrunchie out and smell it so I could "be near her". It was very comforting. When Luke and I lived apart, his smell was a big deal. It was home, comforting, safe. The same for my mom and her smell. When I was in the hospital, she sprayed her perfume on my pillows or blankets. When I lived in Georgia, same thing. I could never wear the same perfume as my mom because that's HER. I can't smell Obsession cologne without being transported to the day I found out Brett died because some guy was wearing it next to me when I found out. The smell of Tommy Hilfiger (spell??) perfume and cologne makes my stomache turn. The devil ex wore it and bought it for me. Of course, smells of my mother always comfort and calm me.


Mom~ I thank the Lord every day that you are my mom and that you are in my life. I am graetful for all you do for me and all you've taught me. I am proud of who you are, all you've accomplished and the relationship we have. I LOVE YOU!

Everyone who knows my mommy should comment on how wonderful she is and what they love about her!


...hag...she's not a hag...

Labels: , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design