Friday, April 27, 2007

My Blue Eyed Boy

Luke is coming home! I'm so excited. I have not seen him since the 10th of April. He has been working in Alabama and meeting people at the new company in Augusta, GA. I don't know how "normal" this is but, I still get so thrilled & jumpy when I see him again. My heart skips, I run and hug him, burying my face in his neck... all is safe and right. I LOVE HIM! He drives me crazy. He pisses me off. I know he's gonna drive me crazy & piss me off before we go to sleep the day he comes home... I don't care. He's my heart.
Everyone who reads this knows "our story". The way we met, fell in love & stayed together across three states. Some of you may even know all the knitty-gritty details of the awful things we've been through in the time we've been together. For such a young couple, we really have been delt quite a few bad hands. Things that weren't in our control: situations dealing with loved ones, health problems (mine), & distance. We've been together for 7 and 1/2 years and married for 3 (4 on May 24th) and I am VERY, VERY proud of that.
I am proud that Luke & I are very committed to each other and to our marriage. I believe very strongly that in a marriage there is him, me & the "us". Some things are important for the "us". I love "us". Through all of the hard times, I have had him. I have had dark times that lasted far too long. They were ugly, miserable and desperate. I have no problem admitting that I have been severely depressed & suicidal at points in my life. During those times, my parents & grandparents & Lindsey were there for me. My family loved me, of course. They gave Luke an out, said it's ok for an 18 year-old to not be able to handle this. He said the thought of leaving me had never crossed his mind. Awwwww! Now, I'm SURE that isn't the truth. I'm sure he'd love to take that back sometimes but, he won't. He's dedicated. We both are, we've been through other things since then and know for sure that we'll continue to all the time. We have not had kids yet.
I always say that marrying Luke is the best thing I've ever done. It's the truth. He is my best friend. We have so much fun together. We laugh and watch silly shows. We love, love, love to watch college football- Go Tigers! Go Dawgs! It's a constant battle... I also know that for sure when the s*@t hits the fan, we have each other. He's my partner. That means a lot. I'm grateful everyday for him, for everything he does for me and for "us".

Do you have someone you share your life with? Have you ever been in love? What are your views on marriage & commitment?

*BIG HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO MY FRIEND, SARAH, WHO IS GETTING MARRIED ON DECEMBER 15th!! *


for better or worse... I DO!

Labels: , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design