Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Christmas MeMe (To Try & Cheer Me)

I'm in a little bit of a funk. I'm tired. I'm hot (post partum hormones??). My house is messy. I WANT cheese (I'm non-dairy, more on that later). I found this at Swistle's blog so, I thought I'd do it. I like Christmas a lot and am wondering about everyone else's traditions.


Eggnog or hot chocolate? I know that I do not like eggnog but I have not tried it in a long time. I really love hot chocolate.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? This is my first year as Santa and those presents will be wrapped. But not by me. M1 is coming tomorrow to help do that for me. I understand that she's only 2 months old and won't know the difference. I WILL though. (From Santa, Bunny is getting this and some outfits, a Christmas ornament with her initial (it's already on her stocking), a stuffed reindeer and that's all. I think) When I was little, sometimes Santa wrapped, sometimes he didn't.

Colored lights on a tree or white? I like both. Our tree is an artificial one that came with white lights. I'm allergic to real ones.

Do you hang mistletoe? No. But if I found some, I'd buy it and hang it. I do enjoy kisses.

When do you put your decorations up? Next year, I will try VERY hard to do it Thanksgiving weekend or that week after. This was the first year we have really decorated and I did it in stages.

What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's broccoli casserole and sweet potato crunch.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Our tradition is to go to my MaMa and PaPa's house (my mom's parents) for Christmas Eve. We have dinner and fellowship (hang out!) and then we open the gifts. There are 15 of us this year- (Blue, me, my parents, bro and sis-in-law, grands, uncle & aunt and Ms 1-3, D and BUNNY!) Then, bro and sis-in-law, Blue, Bunny and I will go to mom and dad's house to open our gifts from them.

We spend Christmas Day with my dad's side of the family. I (sadly) don't have grandparents on that side but my dad has one sister who has three grown kids. We are going to my cousin, Jen's, house this year. Usually it's either at my mom's or my aunt's (who is my godmother, AKA Nanny) house but Jen moved into a new house recently and wanted to host it. I MIGHT host it next year.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Like I said, this year is the first year we've had our own. Yes, I know, it's about time. I decorated it with the ornaments that I've gotten throughout the year, all of the many ones that Bunny has received, and the ones I used as a child. My mom let me borrow those because she's not putting a tree up this year. I am a traditional kind of gal and I like the "homey" trees with the mismatched ornaments. In a few years, I'll put a mini tree in Bunny's room. I saw a pink one at Kohl's that I LOVED.

Snow: love it or hate it? Well, I live in the deep south so, my interaction with it has been limited. I've loved it every time but, I wouldn't like it if I had to deal with it all the time.

Can you ice skate? Ummm, if you knew me, you'd laugh at this. So, no. I cannot.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? peanut butter blossoms, pecan pie, chocolate... I don't meet many desserts that I don't like.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? It's cheesy but truthfully, I just really love to be with my family- extended and close. And I really love the food. L-O-V-E.

Candy canes: yum or yuck? I don't hate them. I like to eat the multi-colored one more than the peppermint ones. I think the peppermint ones are pretty.

Favorite Christmas show? Christmas Vacation (even though I'm DONE with it this year because Blue has watched it ONE MILLION times already) and Elf. I'm also partial to Charlie Brown's Christmas too. I HATE the Grinch.

Well, I don't feel all that better, to tell you the truth. Now, I'm hungry and it's time to wake Bunny from her nap. She's prone to having her days and nights all mixed up (we're talking deep, hard sleep all day and nary a closed eye or little cap naps at night) so, I'm trying to prevent that if at all possible.

I hope your Sunday is going better than mine.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design