Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Buzz

Since I am up-to-here in all things baby (baby books, baby NAMES, baby blogs), I thought it was time for another Celeb Baby Buzz (CBB). We can talk about baby names now, too. Naming a child is hard. Naming a child with another person is almost impossible. Well, for me, anyway.

Let's get to it. Last CBB did all of February. Let's do all of March and up until now in April.

March 5- Matthew Settle (Rufus on Gossip Girl) and wife, Naama Nativ, welcomed their first child, daughter AVEN ANGELICA. Aven weighed 8 lbs 11 oz.

March 8- Maxine Bahns (Grace on The Mentalist) and husband Patrick Watson welcomed their first child, a daughter, MADISON ROSE. Maddie (as they say they plan to call her) weighed 6 lb 2 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. She was also a week late. That seems a little light for a baby that was late, no? Well, what do I know? Anyway, Maxine says that the pregnancy was almost perfect. How nice for her. She also explains the name by saying, "I love the nickname Maddie. My husband's mom's name is Rosemary, so we wanted to honor her by giving our daughter the name Rose."

March 14- Charlie Sheen and wife, Brooke Mueller Sheen, welcomed twin sons- MAX and BOB. They were a week early and Max was actually just back in the hospital. He is apparently out now and doing better. These are the first children for Brooke but the fourth and fifth for Charlie who has Sam, 5, and Lola Rose, 4, with ex-wife Denise Richardson and Cassandra, 24.

March 15- Carson Daly and girlfriend, Siri Pinter, welcomed their first child, a son, JACKSON JAMES. He weighed 7 lb 8 oz.

March 21- Former Bachelor Andrew Firestone and wife, Ivana, welcomed their first child, a son, ADAM BROOKS. Adam weighed 8 lbs. His middle name is in honor of his paternal grandfather. They waited until Adam was born to find out his sex.

March 22- Scott Wolf (Bailey on Party of Five) and his wife, Real World: New Orleans alum Kelley, welcomed their first child, son JACKSON KAYSE.

March 23- Penelope Ann Miller and her husband, James Huggins, welcomed a second daughter, MARIA ADELA. Maria joins big sister, Eloisa May, who is 8.

March 24- Alyson Hannigan (Lily on How I Met Your Mother) and husband, Alexis Denisof, welcomed their first child, a girl, SATYANA. Alyson and Alexis met on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and married in 2003 (so did we. Well, we married in 2003. We did not meet on the set of BTVS). Alyson and her daughter share a birthday, too. She said that she craved ginger ale while pregnant and was foggy headed. She told Ellen Degeneres, "I sorta feel like a koala bear where I'm slightly stoned all the time and say the wrong word." I feel the SAME WAY!

March 28- Tim Allen (Home Improvement) and wife, Jane, welcomed their first child together, daughter ELIZABETH. Elizabeth weighed 5 lb 11 oz. Tim Allen has a daughter, Katherine,19, from a previous marriage.

April 3- Chef Jamie Oliver and wife, Jools, welcomed their third daughter, PETAL BLOSSOM RAINBOW. (Damn! We were gonna use that) Petal weighed 6 lb 10 oz. She was welcomed by big sisters: Poppy Honey, 7,and Daisy Boo,6. They were also waiting for a "delivery surprise" and said that Jamie wanted a boy and Jools wanted a girl.

April 4- Iron Chef Cat Cora and her wife, Jennifer, welcomed a son, THATCHER JULIUS. Jennifer gave birth to Thatcher and Cat is due with a baby boy in July. The couple are also moms to sons, Zoran, 5, and Caje,2. Zoran and the baby Cat is carrying are from Jennifer's eggs. Caje is from Cat's eggs. Thatcher's biological mother is unknown. The same sperm donor was used for all of their sons.

April 5- E!'s Kristin Dos Santos (Watch With Kristin) and husband Joao Dos Santos welcomed their first child, a boy, LUCA ALEXANDER. Luca weighed 7 lb 1 oz and was 22 in long. I love Kristin!

April 6- CNN news correspondent, Campbell Brown and husband, Fox news analyst, Dan Senor, welcomed a son, ASHER LIAM. Asher weighed 9 lb 4 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. Asher is welcomed by big brother, Eli James.

April 9- Lost star Josh Holloway (Sawyer) and wife, Yessica, welcomed their first child, a girl. They named their daughter, JAVA KUMALA.

And now, let us discuss these names.
Aven Angelica- Aven is cool and kinda pretty. It sounds "made up" and I'm not a fan of that for myself. Angelica makes me think of HER. It's not the best connotation.

Madison Rose- This is a pretty name. Madison is so popular right now though. Well, it has been for a long time. I know LOTS of Madisons. Maddie is a cute nickname. Rose is pretty and classic.

Max and Bob- I don't even think they have middle names. They are a little simple for me. I don't mind Max too much but BOB? Just Bob? I don't like the whole nickname for a name, I believe in options.

Jackson James- I like Jackson (nickname Jack) a lot. I have a VERY bad connotation to the name James. It's not a bad name.

Adam Brooks- I love that his middle name is after a grandparent and I love the name Brooks for a boy. I like this name a lot.

Jackson Kayse- Is Kayse like Casey? I don't love creative spellings. Kayse looks a little feminine too me.

Maria Adela- I like this. I would rather Adele without the "a" with Maria but I think this is pretty. I think the name Maria is a good name.

Satyana- I love Alyson Hannigan and How I Met Your Mother, which I just started watching in reruns on Lifetime. I'm guessing that the name, Satyana, comes from her husband's heritage. Whatever that is- German or Russian? I think it sounds a little like "satan" which isn't great. Eh, I do like exotic names.

Elizabeth- This is a good, solid, classic name with lots of great nickname potential. It was my great-grandmother's first name (on my dad's dad's side) and it's Blue's sister's first name. She doesn't go by Elizabeth but by her middle name. Don't ask why because I don't know.

Petal Blossom Rainbow- This is just a joke. Who is going to take Petal Bloosom Rainbow seriously? Is that a name of a My Little Pony? Poppy, Daisy and Petal. Duuuude, trippy.

Thatcher Julius- Thatcher seems a little much to me. And how do you pronounce Caje?

Luca Alexander- This is a good name. Although, I've heard of girls being named Luca, too.

Asher Liam- Asher is on my short list of boy names. I love it a lot.

Java Kumala- Really? JAVA!? That is wrong and mean and silly.

I want to know:
What do you think of all these name? And especially JAVA and PETAL!
Was it hard for you and your spouse/partner/baby daddy to come up with (a) names for your child(ren)? Were there compromises- big ones?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design