Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Favorite Topic

Everyone knows how much I love to read. In our old house, we were almost buried in my old books. Now that I have a specific topic that I want to research and read about, I decided it was time to go back to one of my old favs- the library.

I had a big fine ($72.30) from when I was younger. I figured that it was much better for me to pay that fine then spend hundreds of dollars on books. There are so many pregnancy, parenthood, children's books out there and to buy all of them would be ridiculous. Not just because of the money but the space.

So, I went to the library and paid my fine. I got a new library card and went in search of some lovelies to bring home. Like I said, I haven't been in a while so, it was a little overwhelming. I didn't have any specific titles or authors in mind so I was just kinda wondering around. I found the pregnancy and child care sections and picked up a few of those. Then, I tackled the fiction section.

I just basically browsed at the eye level titles. I managed to pick up a few books from authors that I like and one or two that just seemed good. I searched the new releases section and found nothing. I also went over to the children's books and thought of picking up a few to read to Baby.

I know that I got Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy and one about signing to Baby. The others are from Janet Evanovich (although I don't remember which one I last read) and something about Saffron. The stack is in another room and I just don't feel like going to get them. Sorry.

I loved going back to the library. I liked being in the room with all of the other readers. The smell is just fabulous and the atmosphere is so calming and wonderful. I could just get lost in there. I just need to go prepared with a list of titles and authors next time. I don't know when the library gets a newly released book- right away or weeks/months/years later? Anyone know?

Please, tell me what great book(s) you've read lately. I love a great recommendation. The last one that I got was from Sarah T who recommended Curtis Sittenfield. I read Prep and LOVED it. I'm almost finished with The Man of My Dreams and I like it a lot. It's not as good as Prep but it's good. I have not read American Wife but it's on the list.

What else should I put on the list?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design