Sunday, March 1, 2009
Weekend- In Unnecessary Bullet Points
- I had a super busy weekend and now, I'm exhausted.
- Friday night, SIL and I went to eat Chinese food. It was so yummy. I had not had it in a long time. Actually, the last time I had it was with her at the mall right before Christmas. I had naughty things like sesame chicken and vegetable lo mein. Oh, and an egg roll. The egg roll was not worth it, the rest- yes!
- Saturday I woke up at 5 am. I was just wide awake. I searched the Internet for awhile and then at about 7, when Blue was waking up, I went back to sleep.
- When I was asleep from 7am-10:30am, I had the craziest, most vivid dream. I couldn't shake the "scared" until I left the house about 1 1/2 hours later.
- I met some friends at the mall at 1:30 in the food court. It was super packed- Saturdays are always like that though, right?
- I realize this post is "heavy on the food" but- Oh well! I had a fabulous salad at Salad Creations. I had the chopped Chinese Chopsticks (I guess I've been on a Chinese kick) which has spring mix, teriyaki chicken, crunchy noodles, mandarin oranges and a spicy Asian dressing. I love that dressing.
- Dillard's was having a HUGE sale so we went there after we ate. My mom went last week and bought a ton of great new dishes for a great price. I needed a new bra and I wanted to check out the pajamas, too. I got a great Cabernet bra and some cool pjs. I mean temperature cool because I get so hot at night.
- I got Blue some pants that he needs for Little Bro and SIL's wedding in May. That was quick and painless. I'm realizing that I should not have done bullet points but I didn't think this post would turn out like this.
- We went to two of my favorite stores for a peek (and a treat or two).
- Does anyone use the Flawless Face kit from Laura Mercier? I use the camouflage and the Setting Powder and I love both of those. I think I might have to pick it up next time.
- We made a stop at the bookstore on the way home, too. I had my godchild with me and we enjoyed at Frozen Hot Chocolate (that is what they called it)(for her) and an iced ginger peach tea (for me). We had fun giggling about the books and listening to a mother say inappropriate things to her young daughter. Well, that wasn't fun.
- Blue made his special yummy cheeseburgers for us when we got home. We watched a little tv and went to sleep.
- Although, Godchild decided at 10:30 last night that her legs hurt and she needed some "pain killers." I told her that I had some Ibuprofen but it wasn't for kids (she's 9) and that I didn't feel comfortable giving them to her. I, of course, don't have the chewable bubble gum kind that she wanted. Blue didn't want us going to Wal Mart at that time of night so I put her in my bathtub to soak. When she got out, I put my favorite smell-good heating pad/wrap thing on her legs and she then went to sleep.
- We went to a new Mexican restaurant for dinner today. It's called Casa Maria and it's very nice in there. Not "nice" like "NICE" but Nice as in, clean, big, good food.
- We went to drop Godchild off to her mother about an hour or so away and then came home. It is such a gorgeous day and the ride was so nice. Blue took the long way home and I loved the drive and the talking.
- Does this mean we are officially old since we went on a Sunday Drive? And enjoyed it?