Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rhianna

I have been thinking about the "Rhianna/Chris Brown" incident a lot. I didn't have my computer when it happened but I sure wanted to discuss it. Today, a photo has popped up on the Internet of her after she was beaten. It is disturbing so look at your own risk. I'm not putting it here so you'll have to search for it.

I'm disgusted by this whole incident. I love Rhianna but even if I didn't, I would still be disgusted. I really liked Chris Brown, too. He is attractive and talented and so young. I don't understand this kinda behavior. Maybe I am very naive, I admit that, but how can you inflict that much pain on someone you claim to love? How can this happen?

I think that he should be punished. It was easy for him to pay the $50,000 in bail (or whatever the amount was) and we all know how (some) people treat celebs. I'm thinking OJ Simpson, helllllooooo! We all know how that abusive relationship ended for Nicole Brown. I am not saying that Chris Brown is the same as OJ Simpson, but maybe I am. Abuse starts somewhere, right? Where do people like this draw the line?

I am a firm, firm, firm believer in abuse awareness. I believe that boys need to be taught from an early age that it is NOT OKAY to hit a woman. It's not okay for a woman to hit a man either. Girls need to be taught about self-worth early on, even though it doesn't always help. I was always loved and cared for and appreciated and I still allowed someone to mistreat me. I was not beaten but I was severely mistreated. I want to help promote awareness for this. I don't want anyone to suffer in silence.

I don't know all the answers. I don't know why some men do this and I certainly don't know why women allow it. I spent a long, long time trying to figure out why I allowed someone to treat me badly and I cannot say that I found a good enough answer. I was deeply ashamed of myself. I didn't want my parents or friends to know and I didn't know why I stayed. I felt sorry for him and I always had an excuse.

I hope that Rhianna finds strength. I hope that she can be an inspiration and that she will bounce back from this. I hope that Chris Brown gets the serious help that he needs and is treated like every abuser should. Beating up a person like that is a big deal. It's not funny, it's not okay and it should not be overlooked.

Happy 21st Birthday, Rhianna!

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design