Friday, June 13, 2008

St Thomas Trip I

It takes me forever to get the pictures done. I have them on the computer, but getting them onto the blog is another story. *sigh* I know it's taken me a long time to do this and I'm sorry. It does not mean that our trip wasn't great because it was, fantastic. We all loved St Thomas so much. It was heaven. The beaches were gorgeous, the weather was beautiful and fantastic. All the people are great and it's just paradise. The shopping is beyond. We had so much fun it's not even desirable. The truth is, if my grandparents and the rest of the fam were there, I'd never wanna come home. I could definitely move there.


We left from New Orleans on Saturday, May 24th (our 5th wedding anniversary). We had a layover in Miami. It was packed full of adventure, too when mom realized she left her purse in the bathroom. We ran back to the bathroom (from another gate area) and banged on the door of the stall (I almost strangled the shady lady in the
stall) she'd been in before. Sadly,but not surprisingly, the purse was not there. Well, she lost it. Her money, emerald ring, and most importantly, her freaking PASSPORT and ID were in there! The two of us run over to the gate and tell the ticket agent who tells us something about lost and found.


Everyone else (dad, Luke, Justin & Shannon) is standing together and may or may not know what's going on at this point. I know that Luke was pretty clueless. I'm a wreck because mom is and I can't take it when she cries. I wanna kill everyone and GET. THE. FREAKING. PURSE. because no way can I listen to her cry and call herself stupid. Seriously, ya'll, I'da given up anything. In the midst of this chaos, this sweet little lady comes running over and tells us, "OH! My friend found a purse in the bathroom stall! She took it to a TSA man." So, we got the purse, the lady is a saint, THANK GOD!! If you ever find anything like this, bring it to a ticket agent or TSA.


We got to St Thomas at night. It was very exciting! I remember being very excited. AND (this was awesome!) we walked out of the plane onto a ladder, not right into the airport. You know what I mean? Like a private plane. I loved that, only because I'd never done it before. The airport was super small and there were Rasta men all over.
Luke & Justin
Famous Magen's Bay

Shannon on Sunday
St. Thomas, along with St John and St Croix, make up the US Virgin Islands, a US territory. The three islands were purchased by the US in 1917 from the Dutch for $25 million. The USVI is the only place under US jurisdiction where you drive on the left side of the road. This is a leftover Dutch thing. It's very, very, very crazy. It's mostly crazy and scary because the whole place is in the side of the island up high. Like mountains... It's very cool. You can see this in the pictures above.

Saturday, we arrived at our place. It was called "Sign of the Dove" and it was a villa. There were lots of little places like this in the neighborhood. It was kinda scary getting there because we were in a minivan, at night following a native St Thomas-ian. There were twists and turns and we were driving on the WRONG SIDE of the street. Whoa! The villa was very nice. I have pictures of that, too.

You'll have to wait for it though. I'm late. We are going to the camp for Father's Day weekend. I got my dad a passport wallet. It's not in yet, of course. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I hope you all have a great weekend.




PS. I wanted to let you all know that I will be commenting (more) in the comment section. Just an FYI.







Labels: , , , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design