New Year Meme
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? started blogging, went to WOF, got a brand new car, spread someone's ashes
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember what it was but, I did a lot of good for myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Cousins
4. Did anyone close to you die? Luke's Granddaddy, the man who married us, died in April
5. What countries did you visit? I've never been out of the country
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? ENERGY! Wellness. My husband here
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I'm sure I should know more about this but, I don't. I'd have to say going to the airport to pick up Isabelle, Olivier & Zoe was memorable. That entire time was.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Blogging, writing again, trips
9. What was your biggest failure? I've failed at a lot. I'm still alive, still have my friends and family. I have a good marriage and I'm going in a good direction.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major but...
11. What was the best thing you bought? My car
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine? Lindsey's. Luke's. Lindsey has been a great friend. Luke got a promotion! LSU won the National Championship
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Mine! Erin
14. Where did most of your money go? The new car, landlady, shoes
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The car, writing, shoes & LSU football
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Rehab by Amy Winehouse. I'd have to say this song because lots of people around me and in the media struggled with alcohol.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier! I'm taking charge, got a plan, it's always getting better.
b) thinner or fatter? Toss-up? I don't really know but I'm going to get thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travel
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eat, sleep, miss Luke (he worked out-of-town A LOT)
20. How did you spend Christmas? The usual, mostly. With my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Only with celebrities or objects (clothes, jewelry, shoes, bags)
22. What was your favorite TV program? I LOVED Pushing Daisies. I really loved Dirty Sexy Money, too.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. I erase people who are toxic from my life. I don't hate them because that requires energy.
24. What was the best book you read? I read so so so so so so much.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Amy Winehouse. Her music is FABULOUS.
26. What did you want and get? A new car
27. What did you want and not get? better, skinny
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Little Miss Sunshine
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was sick. It was lonely. I turned 26.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? money
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Glam
32. What kept you sane? God, Lindz, Luke, mom, pills
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Matthew McConaughey, Jeremy Piven, Maurice Bernard
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Children's rights, state stuff
35. Who did you miss? Luke, PawPaw Harry
36. Who was the best new person you met? A, Kate, Kelli
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Keep going. Communicate.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Because I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away"