Saturday, January 12, 2008

Actually, Really??

So, I'm still not really feeling all that well. I'm doing a lot of "lying low". I'm finished with Season 1 of Lost and am so thrilled. It's awesome to watch a well written show after all this crap. Plus, fabulous acting, characters, mysteries, stories. It's just wonderful.


I also got 5 movies from Netflix. I started with Love Actually. I just grab one and open it. I chose this one to put in the queue because so many people said it was a favorite Christmas movie. I had been hearing that for awhile and was curious so I got it. I watched it. REALLY? I mean, really? Billy Bob Thornton as the President of America? The British taking a stand against America? Natalie is fat? She's chubby, plumpy, and on and on with it? And she is so NOT. WTH with Keira Knightly's (who is AWFUL) character and the best friend? It's sooooo random! The quirky guy goes to Wisconsin and meets hot sluts? All just really silly, vapid, random and not even feel-good-unrealistic.

My favorite, and the only reason I didn't turn it off, Daniel (Liam Neeson) and Sam (Thomas Sangster). Sam was adorable. They should've made an entire movie about the two of them and the death of his mother. I loved the school performance!! Also, Emma Thompson is a great talent but, did her silly husband just give the tartlet the necklace? Was there ever anything else? AND whatever happened with Sarah (the amazing Laura Linney) and Karl? Those two storylines "could've been" but were underdeveloped and 'eh. Karl seemed to understand Sarah's position.

I just thought it poorly written, badly directed and developed.

I did enjoy some of the songs but, MARIAH CAREY? That is the cherry on top of the cheesy sundae! There were some really great songs, though. I could actually buy the soundtrack. The movie, no thank you. *Everyone has the right to an opinion. I love some things that I'm sure you'd think we silly. I mean no offense in this.*


The next envelope I opened contained La Vie En Rose. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, I know. I cannot wait to see it. Have any of you?

What are you doing today?

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design