What Do You Say?
Last night was so fun! We saw some cutie cute kids and had so much fun passing out candy. My parents moved into a neighborhood after living in a "not neighborhood" for a long time. My brother and I have not been trick-or-treating in forever either, of course, so this was a riot.
My dad, of course, went waaaaay overboard with the candy. He bought tons and tons of it. The really good kind, too- mini snickers, twix, milky way, almond joy, hershey bars, 3 musketeers, mounds, peppermint patty, caramels, blow pops... I can't even remember. We have so much left over. He sat next to me and when there was a cutie, he'd say "Load 'em up." Well, every single kid that was little and all the sweet little girls he said that about! He would've started giving them money if we hadn't been out there!
There were some stand-outs, though. A little girl who said her name was "Sleeping Beauty Snow White Reagan" came running up the driveway to us and started twirling in her dress. We were all sitting in a row-like/semi-circle- my daddy, me, Shannon (Justin's g/f), Justin, mom, my uncle Keith, aunt Susan, Maria and Madison. This little girl came when no other kids were there. She had to be about three and was dressed as Snow White (my favorite Disney girl). She had on the black wig and everything. She was so cute I was dying! I thought dad was gonna give her his credit card!!
Then we had two little girls dressed as a chick and a monkey. Their mom was really sweet and was talking to us and all. Then when the little chick (about 3) was getting her candy, her mom said, "What do you say?" and the little girl said emphatically, "MORE!" Too cute. The mom was embarrassed but daddy and I thought it was great. Dad also couldn't get over the "drive-by" trick-or-treaters, the ones that came up in wagons. He loved that. He said that Isabella is getting a retro Radio Flyer.
The best costume of the night goes to my sweetheart cousin, Daniel. He was
Oscar the grouch in the trashcan and everything! I'll have to get Keith to send me pictures. It was so cute. McKenzie was
Hannah Montana with the long blonde wig (she's a blonde but her hair is short), jeweled jeans and brown boots. They were adorable and had a ball. But, I had my pet peeves.
- no costumes
- greedy kids
- "kids" that aren't kids but teens- HELLO! Especially the one's in no costume.
Did y'all have any of that? Does that bother anyone else or am I just mean?? It may just be me! Hope y'all had a Happy Halloween! Don't eat too much of that candy today. I'll be posting Cal in his costume soon.
Labels: Daniel, family, fun, holiday, McKenzie