Top Ten Party Towns
This is copied from Maxim
10. Chicago- The Land of Ditka can thank her college undergrads (141,688 locals are enrolled in four-year programs) and respectable booze-palace density (one for every 3,588 residents) for helping her make this list. But the warning is clear, Chicago: Party or perish.
9. Dallas- Texans of Fort Worth, Austin, El Paso, San Antonio, and Houston: Big D out parties you. The city's median age is a list low: 32.63 years. And the only thing you can't get away with there is drinking in a bar 24 hours a day. But that's why they sell beer in cans.
8. New Orleans- Much is made about what's wrong with the Big Easy. Let us tell you what's right: There's a bar for every 995 residents—six times as many watering holes per capita as Miami. At home, locals consume 10.65 cases of beer annually—the highest rate on this list.
7. Detroit- Bless you, Detroit. Bless your downtown casinos. Bless your unwavering commitment to ordinance-free Sunday drinking. Bless your 1.06 women to every mustache-sporting Detroit man. Like your favorite son, Kid Rock, long may you party.
6. Tampa- It's four o'clock: Do you know where your dad is? He's probably at one of the city's 49 strip clubs. That's more booby-barns than you'll find in Vegas. Yes, the city's median age is a list-high 40.45 years, but citizens down 5.41 cases of beer at home annually.
5. Las Vegas- Maxim's 2006 #1 Party City falls victim to this year's metrics; we've done a better job of including home-based partying. Still, almost nothing's off-limits in Sin City 'cept dancing. And 14.9 percent of Vegasettes are divorced and feeling kind of lucky.
4. New York- Yes, there are 1.06 women for every guy. Indeed, there are 88 modeling agencies. It is a 4 A.M. town. And, yes, 66 strip clubs hide across the five boroughs. But what's the point if the law says ladies can't smoke or shake their butts in bars?
3. Atlanta- Atlantans don't get enough sleep 9.74 days a month, which helps explains why there are 91 24-hour restaurants. The secret to this top-three placing is Atlanta's 56,006 college undergrads (Vegas' downfall) and party-compliant ordinances (N.Y.C.'s downfall).
2. Los Angeles- While L.A. has one pitiful bar for every 6,284 people, it does have teaming hordes of hot coeds and professional women. Raise a Jamba Juice to the ladies of the city's 60 modeling agencies and 38 strip clubs. And to the Greyhound buses they rode in on.
1. Miami- Drinks on you, Miami, a city with 49 modeling agencies and a 13.2 percent divorcée rate. Most of all, we like your market-driven nightlife: Bars close whenever, dancing and smoking are accepted, and happy hour is a lifestyle. Plus, Shaq's the only cop in town! <<>