Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Shoe's Star Shadow

Let me tell y'all- I am the eye shadow QUEEN. I love, love, love it! I'm really into experimenting with colors and techniques. I get compliments on my eye makeup all the time. It's so much fun for me to do and as I said, I love it. My very favorite eye shadow in all the world (and I have LOTS) is STILA. I have used drugstore brands, department store brands and specialty store brands... nothing is as good as my Stila!
Drugstore brands don't have the pigment that is needed for a good eye shadow. I used to buy them just to try out colors but, it's a waste of money for me. Then, I found my lovely, gorgeous Stila and fell in love.
It all happened on QVC! I ordered some kind of "kit" that featured two eye shadow pots in Diamond Lil (a shimmery platinum) and Kitten (a shimmery nude- the perfect nude). I was hooked. These colors are so great. They are silky, blendable (which is KEY), pigment is perfect and just love!
Sooooo, I just got some shiny new shadows (not really shiny) that are so incredible I cannot stop playing with them. They are so very gorgeous and the first one has a concept that is genius! Stila's Smokey Eye Palette comes with the three colors you need for the base shade, lid shade and contour shade. The last color is for eye liner. It comes in The Bronzes (which I got *shown below), The Emeralds, The Greys. The genius part- it tells you how to create the perfect, easy smoky eye with the push of a button! See the compact below? You push the button and a peppy little voice gives you step-by-step instructions on how to do it! Fabulous.

The other palette I bought that just tickles me is the Fall Fantasy- A Tale of Enchantment Palette in Moss. These are beautiful eye colors that can be applied wet or dry (wet is more dramatic) and a cheek color. They come in a slender velvet case wrapped in a chord with an agate. It's so very pretty, I just hate to keep it in my cosmetics case!
I believe in two very important rules when it comes to makeup- 1) You must use a good facial cleanser and moisturizer because makeup is not pretty on ugly skin and 2) the right brushes are essential! I bought this double-sided brush from Stila that is perfect for blending shadow and applying shadow as liner with ease. It's brush #15.

I hope you get some ideas and maybe go out and buy something pretty. Let me know! *I'm not getting paid to write this- I wish.

Labels: , , , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design