Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Open Letter

I received the following comment yesterday from someone named Kat. I thought that because I do have the abortion tally on my blog and I am adamantly pro-life and anti-abortion, I should address this openly.


I think it is absolutely and completely inappropriate of me to criticize your
opinion, but I am going to, because everytime I come to read your blog it is there...the
abortion tally you have posted. I see your point in posting it, but I don't
agree with its number. I don't think it clarifies the issue. I wish it
listed
how many women died in childbirth during that time. Or how many
children died
due to abuse from their parents, caregivers, foster parents,
or adoptive
parents. Or how many pregnant women were killed by their
partners/husbands
during that time. Or how many years children spend in
foster care or group homes
after being removed from an abusive home. I would
like to know, also, if
abortion were outlawed, what you personally think the
penalty should be for a
woman who has one--300 years ago it was death.I
would like to end this saying,
please DO keep your button. It reflects your
values. I only wished to express
mine. I know you've probably heard others
opinions about it, I just hope mine
was one that doesn't offend you, that
you can say, I see your point, but I don't
agree."

Let me begin by telling you, Kat, that I have not "heard others' opinions about it" and I don't "see your point". I am very strongly against abortion but, I'm also a child's rights advocate. The things you mentioned, child abuse, spousal abuse, etc., are illegal and morally wrong. I don't think that parents have the right to abuse their children. I don't think they have the right to murder them either. Everyone has choices- wear a condom, take the pill, protect yourself from pregnancy if you don't wont to be pregnant. I have been in a position where I absolutely could not get pregnant because of my life's situations and I did the ultimate birth control- abstinence.


I know that people will argue the circumstances when a woman didn't have the choice of birth control- in instances of rape and such. This is where my faith and true belief in God comes into play. I'm a Christian and that's the basis of it all. I believe that God gives us babies. They are not mistakes and he doesn't want us to get rid of them or mistreat them. There are countless families who are desperate for a child so, give the child a chance to live and give him or her up for adoption.

As far as this,"I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, ALSO, IF ABORTION WERE OUTLAWED, WHAT YOU PERSONALLY THINK THE PENALTY SHOULD BE FOR A WOMAN WHO HAS ONE...", my answer to that is the punishment should be what the punishment is for premeditated murder.

I do understand that if the life of the mother is in jeopardy, that is a different story. I still wouldn't have an abortion but, I know my husband and family wouldn't agree. This is, again, a case where my strong faith in God comes in and I turn to those beliefs.

I know several people who have had abortions. Each woman still thinks of that child. Each woman knows the child's approximate birth date and age. Each woman mourns the loss of that child.

In closing, I want to say to you, Kat, that I have no memory of you ever commenting here. Do you come here often? (Ha Ha, like a pickup line) I want you and everyone else who reads The Diary to know that I don't post anything that I don't believe in or trust. I'm going to tell you the truth about what I like and don't. I'm going to tell you who I'm praying for and if I say I'm praying for you, I really am. If I say that I wear this lip gloss and love it, I really do wear it and I really do love it.

When it comes to things I'm passionate about, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not flippant about them. I didn't put the abortion button up just to do it. I know EXACTLY how I feel. And thanks for permission to keep it up because it's staying. You are more than welcome to come back and visit but, this ends this discussion. I'm not going to go back and forth and back and forth. I hope you do come back, I love my readers! I will not, however, compromise myself or my beliefs for anyone.

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design