Tuesday, August 14, 2007

OH WOW!


Look what I found over at one of my favorite places. And this is how Booklist describes it:

In this entertaining novel set in Washington, D.C., three very different women are brought together by a shared passion: shoes. They meet once a week to trade Manolos and Maglis, but soon they rely on each other for much more. Lorna, a debt-ridden waitress, founded the group to curb her destructive shopping sprees. Helene, a senator's trophy wife, attends to escape her loveless marriage and the banality of high-society life. Sandra, an overweight phone-sex operator, hopes the group can help cure her agoraphobia. They're joined by Joss, a young nanny, who doesn't care about shoes but needs a place to avoid her demanding boss. The four women become fast friends, trusted advisers, and eventually business partners. Readers will root for these four plucky women. Like the designer shoes that pepper its pages, this book is pleasing and stylish. This frothy confection is sure to fly off the shelves this summer. Aleksandra KostovskiCopyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

I bought it. I can't wait to read it! I'm just so mad because, HELLO, I should've written that book. I am working on a story. I refused to use the "B" word. It's working title is "My Lucky Seven". It's a story about a young (18) girl who grows up in a small southern town. She is the daughter of a prominent doctor and a very hoity toity mom. She's always a good girl, goes to good schools, does the right thing and all that until her Senior year Spring Break. She stays home to help her dad in his office and ends up having an affair with the hot young (married) doctor who is there to fill in for one of the other docs. She ends up pregnant, the hot doc runs off, and she keeps the baby. Her parents are horrified by her pregnancy and don't know what to do with her. She is on new ground too because, she's always done what they've told her and while she's not a total rebel, she is realizing that she has her own ideas.

I'm not stuck on her age. Maybe she's in college? I don't know the whole story either. The title comes from the name of the baby. The title character is named Natalie Carrington. That's not set in stone... She names her baby boy, Seven. There's a little thing, a reason but, I don't wanna say.

I'm thinking of starting the story with when he's put in her arms right after his birth. The beginning is so difficult.

Our eyes met and my stomach dropped. I felt every emotion there is in just a second- elation, fear, sadness, exhaustion, anger, and did I say fear?

Then that just feels too right-in-the-middle-of-the-story. So, I don't know.

So, I want your feedback on all of it. Go ahead and crush my dreams...

P.S. I've decided to put labels on my "diary entries" but they aren't showing up when I publish them on the blog. What's up with that?

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design