Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wedding MeMe

I got this from Lori at Queen of Dirty Laundry. And there's that same picture. Hey, deal with it!

1. Where/How did you meet? We met on the beach. Panama City Beach in Florida. The last week of July in 1999. We were both on vacation with family and friends. We spent the week together, all of us. We were in a big group but, the night before I left, we were telling everyone we would be married.

2. How long have you known each other? 8 years

3. How long after you met did you start dating? That is always a tricky question with varying answers. We became "official" and "exclusive" in October of '99, so 7.5 years. 8 years in October.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? This one is tricky too. I got my ring and was proposed to and all of that but, we were already planning the wedding. We talked about getting married always. It was never a question of IF but WHEN.

5. How long was your engagement? See above.

6. How long have you been married? 4 years

7. What is your anniversary? We were married on May 24, 2003

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? We had 2. The 1st was right after our actual ceremony which was on the beach. I guess 50 people? The 2nd reception was back here in LA. 1 million people were there. Really, I am terrible at that kind of stuff... 200? Mom will chime in hopefully

9. What kind of cake did you serve? I have no clue what the beach ceremony cake was?? The big reception cake was sooooo gorgeous! Oh, I will have to scan all my pics and show them off. mom got a picture out of Southern Living magazine, I think. The cake was surrounded by "sand" and tons of white chocolate candies in the shapes of seashells and starfish. The cake itself was simple. The top layer was red velvet.

10. Where was your wedding? My wedding was on the beach, in front of a huge beach house in Panama City Beach, Florida

11. What did you serve for your meal? At the wedding on the beach- jambalaya and the usual "spread" (veggie and fruit tray, sandwiches, chips, dips, crackers, pickle tray, etc...) and at the big reception, well, good Lord, you name it, seafood, jambalaya, beef, veggies, fruits- GORGEOUS and so good

12. How many people were in your bridal party? I had my godchild, Maddie, and my little cousin McKenzie as flower girls. They rang little bells and were supposed to say "The bride is coming!" Maddie decided it was "stooopid" and McKenzie said "The BRIBE is coming!!" and had to drag Maddie down the "aisle" (sand). Then, I had my two cousins, Madison and Maria, as junior bridesmaids. Then, I had 3 girls stand as bridesmaids.
Luke had my cousins Daniel and Hunter as little "ring bearers". They carried little treasure chests. Then, 3 guys and his friend played acoustic guitar. That's 13!

13. Are you still friends with them all? HA HA!! Very touchy... No, 2 of my bridesmaids were a mistake. The other one is Jennifer, my cousin. The others are family. Luke's best man is his friend, Mark, and they are friends. Brandon, the guitar player, is a friend still. The others are my little brother and his little brother. And the little cousins.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Ummmm, no

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Luke's grandfather married us. When I got to Luke, it was just the three of us in the whole world.
16. Any funny moments? My dad and I were last in the procession, of course. We were waiting and the wedding planner came and I told her that she needed to tell Luke he had to take his sunglasses off. I wasn't marrying him without being able to see his eyes. She went and told him. I think that got a chuckle.

17. Any big disasters? None

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? there
19. How long were you gone? week

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? bridesmaid situation and his sister/dad drama

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? I never know how to answer this. I ALWAYS sleep on his right. He's always to the left of me. All the time.
22. What size is your bed? Right now it's a queen. We started out with a double and that was a joke! Luke whined when we got a queen because he didn't want to be so far away from me! We are getting a King soon (thank you mom & dad)

23. Greatest strengths as a couple? We are connected. We have always had a very strong connection. We are a dynamite team. We have been through a lot of big hurdles in the time we've been together. We also are very committed (or maybe it's that we should be committed?) to each other and to the marriage.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Luke has a big communication problem. BIG. He doesn't. I spend too much money.

25. Who literally pays the bills? I write the checks. I keep up with all of it. Luke makes the money.

26. What is your song? We have a few. "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago, "Nothing Else Matters" Metallica, "Ain't Life Grand" by Widespread Panic

27. What did you dance your first dance to? "You're the Inspiration" there's a story...

28. Describe your wedding dress. An empire waist, white, floor length, no train... long flowing see through sleeves
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? roses in every shade of pink. I said I wanted the "Steel Magnolia" pink and pink wedding

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? No
And there you go. Mom, please correct me if I'm wrong or fill in any details I forgot.
Go ahead and do this if you want to and let me know.

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design