Monday, August 27, 2007

Luke Had to Come Check on Me

Because I was literally SOBBING during the season finale of Army Wives tonight. It originally aired last night (Sunday) but, I watch on Mondays for the flow of my TV schedule. Anyway, I did a post on this show when it premiered and pretty much got a "No thanks!" I'm not sure if any Diary readers watch this (Naomi, maybe?) but, I feel compelled to write this because I was so moved. (Trevor & Roxy Leblanc renewing their vows)

I love the characters on this show. Roxy, played entertainingly by Sally Pressman, is a breath of fresh air. She's a mix of both tough-as-nails and vulnerability. She's the newbie on post and in the season finale, Trevor is deployed.

(Chase Moran being "shaved" by children Lucas and Katie)

I watch this show every week and think the same thing, "Thank God there are men and women out there willing to do this for me and my loved ones. Thank God there are men and women willing to do this for the country and the freedom that I love. Thank God for them and thank God I didn't fall in love with one of them. And GOD BLESS the spouses, children, parents, etc... they leave behind. That is true bravery."


(Pamela Moran, played by the beautiful and hilarious Bridget Braddah, on her post radio show)
(Pamela, Roxy & Trevor at the 4th of July party at Claudia Joy's house)

(Chase waving good-bye to Pamela before he leaves. Another time I cried)
(Joan Burton, played by Wendy Davis. Her husband is the only "Army Husband", Roland.)


(My favorite girls on the show in an episode called " Dirty Laundry")

(Denise & Jeremy Sherwood welcoming home their husband and father, respectively)

(Kim Delany plays Claudia Joy Holden)



The season premiere featured a ceremony honoring the new post commander which was not Michael Holden. He was passed over, unfairly, according to Claudia Joy. The issue is repeatedly brought up throughout the season.

I'm really serious, y'all should watch this if it goes into reruns. It's an excellent show. It's got great actors. I'm just sayin'. And I'm sure no one else would cry. I'm a known crybaby.

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design