Saturday, July 28, 2007

Couple of Things



Cute picture of my Muffin. He really is loosing the baby-look. This is just a "duh" look. That's Claire, or Cwaiyah, as Cooper calls her. Claire is Lin's cousin. Cooper loves her. Isn't she a chunker??? Look at the rolls on her ankles!!

My cousin, Jennifer, is pregnant with her 3rd child. She is newly pregnant, just found out so I am not sure of a due date (probably March). She had blood drawn twice and her levels are fine. Jennifer and I grew up together. We lived very close to each other and our families are very close.

Her mom is my daddy's big sister. She is my godmother. My mom and dad actually met through my Nanny (Jennifer's mom, my aunt). My mom baby-sat Jennifer and her older brother, Robby, before she ever met daddy. Robby is 10 years older than I am and Jen is 10 years older than Justin, my little brother. Then, my Nanny has a 3rd, my cuz Cody, who is 28 and recently engaged. He lives in Oklahoma and I miss him.

Our family has not been the same since my Paw Paw died in February of 2002. That kills me more than I think I have the ability to express. I understand that people have lives: kids, jobs, friends, etc... It's all about priorities in my opinion. I didn't mean for this to turn into a sad post, I'll come back to this painful topic one day, maybe.

I'm truly happy for this baby to come. I love Jen. She never pretends to be anything or anyone she isn't. She is sweet and naive and is a great mom. She has two sons, Hunter who turned 6 in April and Mason who is 2 (3 in October). Hunter is the sweetest little thing. He makes the cutest faces and gets excited over the smallest things. He was the best baby! You never heard a peep from him. Then he went through a "phase". He was BAD. Now, you just can't get enough. So cute. I wish I had a scanner.

Mason is difficult. He had stomach problems (reflux) since birth and NEVER. Stopped.Crying. Ever. Then, he was sick all the time with the ear infections and all kinds of other things. Poor poor baby. He looks just like our BELOVED Paw Paw Harry. He has blond hair and blue eyes. Paw Paw hurt his back and walked hunched over and Mason did that for a long time until he had tubes put in his ears. He was off balance! He also has Paw Paw's ears. Jen told me today that nothing makes him happy anymore. I know at Christmas he was doing better. How terrible for her and of course for Mason.

Jennifer doesn't care if it's a boy or girl. She couldn't stand when people would ask her if they were going to try for a girl because if they did have another child it wouldn't be to have a girl. Her husband, she told me, does want a girl. We'll see in a few months. I'll let you know.

Labels: , ,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Books I've Read or am Reading





My Archives

April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010





View My Stats

follow shoeaddict17 at http://twitter.com

Butterfly Kisses Design